Posted on :
29 Mar, 2011
29 Mar, 2011
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 35 offices in 5 continents (Europe, America, Asia, Africa and Australia) we currently second nearly 4,000 Technical Engineering Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well established global supply agreements.
3rd Floor Churchgate Building Afribank Street Victoria Island Lagos
Deep water fields are major Nigerian offshore developments based on a 2 million bbl capacity FPSOs each. Deepwater activities are further expanding with preparation for exploratory drilling activities ongoing. Between three and five Deepwater drilling rigs are operating at any one time.
Assiste the various operational and support entities of DEEPWATER in implementing its Oil Spill Contigency Plans.
Ensure updating of reference documents, maintenance of oil spill equipements, products and materials, training of people, drills and exercises….
Ensure that recommendations from the DGEP Macondo task forces 2 and 3 are implemented.
Review various Oil Spill contingency plans and when necessary, organise revisions with the various environmental entities.
Review and document minimum volumes and stockpiles of dispersants or equipment available in storage..
Review and recommend purchase of additional stockpiles of dispersants or equipment to support our client in West Africa Operations.
Be the focal point of contact with other West Afrcia Affiliates on Oil Spills. Keep DIG/AF fully informed.
Recommend and organise any additional large scale exercise.
To ensure that oil spill plans are updated and exercises are routinely carried out.
To report all spills to the relevant authorities.
To ensure that contaminated sites are cleaned up and restored.
– Definition of technical solutions to cope withOSCPs strategies.
– Purchasing oil spill equipements: SOW, call for tender.
– Storage, maintenance and test of Oil spill equipement: programme definition, supervision of operations.
– Training programme of all personnel involved in the OSCPs, including the oil spill response team(management) and service companies personel for marine and helicopter operations.
– Involvement in the ACP and CMU trainings sessions.
– Involvement in the DEEPWATER annaual Full Scale Exercise (FSE).
– Involvement in the pollution related incident analysis.
– Training, coaching of Nigerien assistant.
c) Specific Tools
– Definition of specific tools for managing oil spill incidents: environmental sensitivity maps, oil spill modelling and behaviour,…
– Contacts and available equipement databases (Tier 1, 2 &3)
d) Tiers 2&3
– Contact point for members of Nigerien oil operators mutual assistance agreement
– Contact point for Nigerien authorities for the implementation of the National contingency plan.
To ensure submission of monthly and quarterly reports to DPR and FME respectively
To carry out audits at the contractors sites
To collate environmental from technical logistics and field operations and send monthly environment reports to DGEP via enablon softwate
To collate and send bi-annual gas composition data to DGEP via enablon
To collate and send annual environment reports to DGEP via enablon
Environmental Permits, Regulations and Compliance
Verify and follow-up delivery of appropriate environmental authorisations needed for conducting operations
Represent the Company in relations with authorities and other operators on environmental matters
Provide advice to Line Managers to enable them undertake their activities in conformance with statutory
Knowledge of offshore oil & gas E&P operations
Thorough pratical knowledge of oil spill operations and equipements
Effective communication skills including the ability to train and coach staff and contractors
Good report writing skills and competence in the use of MS office business suite programs
Graduate engineer, with at least 6 years experience in environmental management activities for offshore and onshore engineering, construction and production of oil and gas facilities. Fluent in English with good communication skills.
Recognised Environmental Management qualification
Experience in EMS implementation, Environment Studies, Operations , Reporting and Oil spill management
Sound knowledge in Environment and Safety matters, e;g; legislations, codes of practice, Company spécifications, etc.