Olashore International School (OIS) is a private co-educational school for 600 students, which offers high calibre education in a wide range of subjects a junior secondary, senior secondary and a university foundation programme in partnership with Lancaster University, UK.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Librarian
- The promotion of reading, for both study and pleasure, and of research skills among staff and students.
- Support for all curriculum areas through the provision of resources, information and training
- responsive to the fast changing worlds of communications and information technology and
- meets the needs of young people in the 21st century.
- To develop and implement a library policy which reflects the educational aims and objectives of the whole school.
- Plan and oversee a programme for monitoring and evaluating library services and performance, including user surveys and statistics on stock and usage.
- To promote the library and its resources both within the library and the whole school and externally, where relevant.
- To inspire a love of literacy.
- To complete an annual risk assessment and to highlight any health and safety issues for library users and visitors.
- To plan and teach regular lessons to pupils on reading and research, and other year groups as required.
- To arrange pupils’ participation in children’s literary events such as book club, book talks and author visits.
- To provide guidance and assistance to pupils and staff on information retrieval and reading materials.
- To liaise collaborate with Heads of Department/teachers on curriculum delivery based on library stock.
- To develop networks with other library professionals.
- To be committed to ongoing professional development.
- To embody the Aims and Values of the school.
- Prepare and manage the library budgets.
- To select, acquire, organise and maintain library resources to cover the full school community (including boarders and staff).
- To arrange the effective retrieval by systematic indexing, classification and cataloguing of all library resources and disseminating information on those resources to staff and pupils.
- Degree in Library/Information Studies
- Confidence in working with young people from age 11 to 18
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Flexibility, able to take on new challenges
- Not less than 5 years experience in managing a busy library.
- Ability to work with teaching colleagues
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Passion for promoting literacy
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 12th February, 2019.