The Olive Prime Psychological Services We are a new “mental health Outpatient service” based in Abuja, currently looking for the best hands that can provide excellent and client focused services.
We are committed to providing individuals with a flexible pathway to full recovery in a way different from the conventional inpatient services. We intend to provide support for our service users where we engage them in various psychological therapies and other complimentary activities which in the long term equips them with a more realistic and flexible form of recovery.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Psychiatrist
Employment Type: Part time – 28 hours a week including alternate Saturdays
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for treating and managing mental illness, emotional disturbance and abnormal behavior in patients by prescribing psycho therapeutic treatments and medication.
- Provide Clinical leadership in interaction, planning and collaboration with multidisciplinary team comprising of Psychiatric Nurses, Support Workers, and Clinical Psychologists in delivering a comprehensive high quality service.
- Management of complexity, severity and risk to the patient, contain anxieties within the team and have overall responsibility of patient treatment plans whilst liaising with the multidisciplinary team.
- Assessment, Diagnosis and treatment : Responsible for patient assessment prior to admission, in patient care, discharge planning and aftercare
- Construct an accurate summary of patient’s needs, strengths, and a comprehensive individualized risk assessment that contributes to care planning.
- Collaborate with Medical Director in taking overall clinical responsibility for monitoring client treatment and delivery of services
- To communicate effectively through regular contact with patients, relatives and any other concerned bodies.
- To contribute to other departments in the organization – Business development, Administration and Management.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Should have a comprehensive understanding of mental illness, signs and symptoms, side effects, psychotropic medication and contemporary treatment models.
- Applicant must be a registered member of Medical and Dental council Of Nigeria and should own a valid practicing license
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting application.
- Applicant must have a Degree in Medicine (MBBS) from a well-known institution
- Must have a Post Graduate fellowship in Psychiatry
- Ability to synthesize medical and psychiatric data and formulate effective and evidence based clinical recommendation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 15th January, 2019.
Note: The subject of the email should be “Consultant Psychiatrist” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.