At Omnibiz, we’re fully dedicated to supporting local businesses and helping them navigate the modern market. Over 52,000 businesses across the FMCG industry have trusted us to provide them with the services and necessary tools to overcome contemporary challenges in the market place. Why? The answer is simple – they believe the same thing that we at Omnibiz believe: for the global economy to thrive, local businesses must be given the grounds to grow.
As our adventure evolves, we will continue to support local businesses, provide retailers with the necessary tools to thrive in today’s market, partner with industry stakeholders, and relentlessly pursue opportunities to help Africa’s economy grow.
Our work has only just begun and although the current results are encouraging, we also realize that the road ahead is long and full of challenges. Regardless, we are excited about the opportunities that exist, the pathways we are creating, and the businesses we are building relationships with. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Category Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are looking for a Category Manager to join our team! As a Category Manager at our company, you will be responsible for managing a group or category of products.
- You will also be responsible for finding suppliers, negotiating pricing and payment terms with suppliers, expanding product assortment for the categories, and managing product margins.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and analyze data and market insights
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Plan and implement long-term development strategies for product categories
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Discovering profitable suppliers and initiate procurement partnerships
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Have full ownership of category performance including forecasting, monitoring, reporting on the business, along with contributing to driving projects and trading strategy to achieve business goals.
- Lead effective negotiations with suppliers to establish joint goals, improve cost structure, and sustainably grow the P&L.
- Influence the design of the categories, as well as contribute to new product groups and improve the customer experience to deliver growth.
- B.Sc / BA in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in the FMCG industry as purchasing, supply chain management professional & Sourcing expert
- Sales and result oriented with ability to manage budgets
- Team player
- Experience in a retail or key account management environment with a proven track record of delivering results.
- Experience in category management is a strong plus.
- Strong communication skills and experience negotiating with internal and external stakeholders.
- The successful candidate must be highly analytical, self-starting and thrive in a high energy environment.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.