One Acre, founded in 2006, supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Communications and Relationships Specialist
Contract Duration: 2 Years
Communications Strategy Design & Implementation:
- You will develop a communications strategy for engaging with stakeholders at different levels.
- You will be responsible for organizing and coordinating brand-building and networking events.
- Produce communications materials to engage important contacts and keep them informed of our work, including quarterly reports, briefing notes, and official written correspondence.
- Lead the development of content for the OAF Radio program and other media engagements.
- Support the scoping of partnerships and networks for the Nigerian program.
- Create and manage a database and dashboard of relevant stakeholders and partners in Nigeria.
- Engage with partners in the public and private sectors with a view to deepening and broadening. One Acre Fund’s networks at the state and federal levels.
- Assist program expansion through relationship management with relevant authorities in new or targeted areas of operation
- Research policies, regulations, programs, and political developments relevant to field operations in Nigeria
- Analyze policies and make recommendations to leadership to de-risk our operations.
- Map and identify policy opportunities, gaps and risks at the state and federal levels and make recommendations to leadership.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- A First Degree in Mass Communication, Political Science, Law or any relevant area.
- Candidates with training in communications and policy will be given additional consideration.
- Work experience in government, business or NGO environments, especially work planning and executing on tasks.
- At least 2 years experience managing government or partner relationships.
- At least 2 years of experience producing communication materials for stakeholder engagement.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in research and report writing.
- Collaborative approach; ability to work across many different departments effectively
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
21st February, 2023.
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.