One Acre Fund – Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests.
On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Product Management
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- Our-70-strong Tech team is in charge of delivering and operating a broad range of IT solutions to support our activity, including both internal developments and off-the-shelf enterprise solutions used by farmers and field or HQ staff.
- This includes e.g. mobile apps for the field staff to manage farmer’s orders and loans or track deliveries, BI solutions to analyze farmer yields, farmer-facing services through e.g. Whatsapp or USSD to manage their accounts, or back-office solutions to manage employees information and requests.
- Mentor a team of ~6 Product Managers, and report to the head of IT Solutions
- Product Vision: set the strategic directions of our solutions and manage their roadmaps
- Requirement Management: lead the functional and non-functional requirement gathering, clarification, and arbitration for new projects, prevent scope creep
- Project and Delivery Management: oversee the successful rollout of our new projects, in particular the planning and acceptance phases – overseeing user acceptance, conducting all project monitoring and control meetings, managing risks
- Stakeholder Management: nurture the relationship with our internal customers to understand their needs, keep them well informed, and manage their expectations
- Agile Product Owner: support the engineering teams during construction phases, in particular by you and your team acting as proxy product owners in their Agile process
- Contribute to our continuous improvement by refining our processes and promoting creative ideas
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Comfortable with Agile Scrum
- Compassionate, supportive, and hands-on attitude
- A PMP certification or similar recognition is recommended
- 8+ years of experience in a software project or product management, including 3+ years in a people management role
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience clarifying ambiguities, building agreement, and solving problems
Preferred Start Date
- Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
- Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
- Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits including professional development and personal travel allowances
- 6 weeks leave
- Flexible work from home policy
- Flexible Bring-Your-Own-Device policy with laptop allowance
- Free-lunch Fridays and regular happy hour nights
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 18th January, 2021.
- Yes; African Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.