One Acre Fund, founded in 2006, supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria MEL Data Analytics Associate
Location: Minna, Niger
Start Date: As soon as possible
About the Role:
- As a growing organization, we are constantly improving our internal operational processes.
- We are looking for an impact evaluator or field research professional to join our team as a MEL Associate in Minna, Nigeria.
- Overall, the MEL Associate will use data to improve our operations and impact our customers.
- You will use data to improve our operations, develop a deputy, and coordinate our research activities across multiple programs and teams.
- You will contribute to making informed decisions for our long-term strategy by working with leadership and the MEL team in Nigeria.
- The MEL department at One Acre Fund operates like an in-house research department and the results are used first and foremost to inform program decisions and to rigorously understand the impact.
- The primary responsibilities for this role would include:
- Oversee data collection through qualitative and quantitative methods and ensure efficient data collection and results.
- Conduct data analysis and write reports to draw both early and final conclusions and results.
- In–field management of high-level MEL activities, with an eye to “perfect” quality standards.
- You will work with different team members, both from in-country departments and global OAF teams, to identify research goals and draft survey tools to collect information for our annual impact analysis and other strategic queries.
- Design research tools such as surveys and write analysis plans.
- You will lead MEL system and process development, create a framework, and draft procedures for MEL project activities.
- Work with the field teams to ensure MEL results and recommendations are understood and acted upon.
- Manage in-country MEL staff including Data Coordinator and Field Supervisors which support a team of 20+ Enumerators. This will include the following responsibilities:
- Mentor field staff on best practices in MEL execution through career reviews, field visits, meetings, and training programs.
- Oversee the hiring and development of MEL staff by building capacity for data collection, analysis, and design.
- Manage any staff underperformance.
- Potentially support the New Country Expansion (NCE) Team to enter a new market, expanding our geographic footprint and increasing Impact at Scale
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Master’s Degree in International Relations, Public Policy, Statistics, Economics or related field preferred, but not strictly required.
- 1 – 5+ years of work experience, and a long–term passion for international development. We are looking for extraordinary candidates to help take our organization to the next levels of impact.
- Relevant work experiences, such as prior field-based M&E or data collection/research experience
- Data analysis skills using Excel (can perform complex functions), familiarity with R/Stata or other similar soft wares)
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and distill it down to findings.
- Team leadership experience.
- Enthusiasm for personal growth and learning.
- Languages: English (required), Hausa an added advantage.
- One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role for nationals of our countries of operation, or those with a professional work history in these countries.
- Women are encouraged to apply. We are committed to gender equity in our staff operations, representation, and experience. In 2020, women made up 40% of our clients and 44% of our total staff.
- We have and will continue to intentionally grow these numbers.
- Modest housing stipend, international health insurance, six weeks of annual leave and some travel benefits.
- In addition to paid maternity and paternity leave, we offer additional benefits to new parents.
Application Deadline: 19th October, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]),but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.