At Opera, we make web browsers for desktop computers, mobile phones and tablets, and connected devices such as TVs. Our business also includes mobile advertising services and solutions.
Today, people all over the world can share in the power of the Internet, no matter where they live or how they get online. We believe that participation changes everything.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Community Product Operations Intern/ Associate/ Manager
Full time: 1
Short time intern: 20
- We are seeking a hard-working, detail oriented and experienced Community Product Operations Manager for the African markets for our exciting new app 6Chan. This position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- The ideal candidate will have a sound knowledge and experience of community management and have a passion for awesome, short videos, knowing what will go viral, reacting to trends and being ahead of the game.
- From funny cat videos, to the most inspirational visual content on the planet, you need to know what engages with the audience locally, nationally and internationally, and will help ensure that our community sees and uploads the hottest, most relatable video content, while ensuring our community is a fun, collaborative and an exciting place to be.
- Opera offers a positive, fun and international work atmosphere where you can make a difference! This is your chance to shape the future of our products and brand – join us at the heart of all things at Opera.
- Responsible for the operations of 6chan community, recruiting and maintaining moderators, as well as core users.
- Understand the needs of community users, optimising the operating mechanisms to better meet their needs.
- Curate high-quality short videos and select the best content for our channel, collating tens, if not hundreds, of videos on a daily basis, curating and making sure the hottest videos are in our app.
- Plan community activities and spread it in social media, increasing the user engagement and organically grow the product.
- Proven knowledge and experience of social media and/or app management, understanding how to balance engagement, traffic and provide the best content for the audience.
- 0-3 years experience in a related field.
- Experience of community management is compulsory.
- Excellent communication skills internally and externally, with an ability to operate the community in a fun and engaging way.
- Ability to scale up app user base swiftly, using innovative approaches.
- Wider knowledge of national and international content providers and video that will work for all users.
- Ability to analyse daily and hit KPIs.
- Proven knowledge and experience of social media management, understanding how to balance engagement, traffic and provide the best content for the audience.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Ability to adjust rapidly to shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining detail-oriented under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, can accept to work on night shift or weekends.
- Lives and breathes social video.
Application Closing Date