A leading international EPC (Engineering-Procurement- Construction) contractor and industrial manufacturing group, active in the energy and infrastructure sectors is seeking to employ an
The right candidate will be responsible for overseeing the operations of the company’s recently established office in Nigeria. The position will be based in Lagos.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate the growth of the company’s business in Nigeria, identify business opportunities and work to improve the company’s market position.
- Monitor business prospects, develop client contacts and coordinate sales & marketing actions to ensure the company’s brand is properly positioned.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, engage in business networking and provide feedback and information on market trends to the company’s senior management.
- Depending on the company’s development strategy, the Business Development task may be extended to other nearby markets.
- Manage the daily operations and personnel of the Nigerian office. Ensure that the office and related administration services are properly set up/organized in accordance with company standards.
- Develop and manage the office’s operations budget as required. Provide all required financial and operational reports on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the company’s operations are carried out in compliance with local legislation and regulations.
- Negotiate and manage any locally outsourced services
- Provide support to the project management / site construction teams as required for local and administration issues (e.g. mobilization activities, sub-contractors, site security, etc.).
- Support project management / site construction teams with local procurement of materials and equipment as required in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintain and develop client contacts throughout the project to ensure effective communications and maintain high levels of client satisfaction.
- University or higher degree, preferably in Engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience in the energy or industrial sector, preferably with a project management and/or business development perspective
- Technical background and experience in the energy sector would be an asset
- Excellent knowledge of English language
- Strong communication skills, with demonstrated success in building client relationships
- Organizational skills / Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Availability to travel frequently
PLEASE send us your application at:
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.