AS Operations West Africa Limited (ASO), is a Nigeria-registered subsidiary of Adam Smith International (ASI). ASO provides operational support to three DFID-funded projects in Nigeria, i.e. NIAF, GEMS and ENABLE. Operational services include IT and Communications; Residential and Hotel Accommodations; Administrative Support; Domestic Ground and Air Transportation; International Travel and Protocol; and, Security Services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT and Communications Assistant
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
Start Date: 4th June, 2018.
Mobile Phone Account Management:
- Preparing bills for approval, rectifying unwarranted charges, matching numbers to names.
- Providing and registering voice and data lines
- Building close relationships with key vendors to ensure that problems are addressed quickly
- Providing credit limit adjustments, additional data requests, rectifying barred or suspended lines
- Migrating lines between projects
- Microsoft Outlook: Setup, troubleshooting and desktop user assistance, client side mailbox management on PCs and mobile devices
- Add new users/devices to network, configure network printers on new client computers
- Run regularly scheduled server backups
- Be conversant with server 2008, 2012
- A high degree of familiarity with Active directory is required
- Ability to setup and manage a local area network. (DHCP, DNS ,maintain security policies
- VPN knowledgeable with VPNs (Virtual private Network)
- Shared file storage
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure and Office 365
- Must be able to perform system upgrades (RAM etc)
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware related problem on IT equipment such as Printers , Laptops and desktops.
Education and Experience
- First Degree in Information Technology from a recognized University or College
- At least 5 years experience working in a large office environment with 50 plus clients to whom you were providing support services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Excellent customer service skills
- A very good eye for detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 7, 8 and 10 operating systems (Macbook is highly desirable)
- Ability to run backups on servers
- Knowledge of Server 2008 and 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application package, which must contain three documents: Your up to date CV; a Covering Letter highlighting how you meet the skills and abilities requirements of the position, to: [email protected] clearly stating in the subject line: “IT and Communications Assistant”.
Application Deadline 22nd May, 2018.
- You must meet the Education and Experience requirements to apply for this position and you must provide evidence of this in your application package
- Provide a list of three recent work-related references
- Be sure to include all your application documents as noted above.
- If your application package is received after the deadline, it will not be included.