Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Optimization Manager
- Ensure that the 2G and 3G, LTE, etc. in good quality and Optimized.
- Defines and measures the unit KPIs.
- Follows-up the evolution of the radio system quality.
- Proposes indicators for the continuous analysis and follow-up of radio voice and data quality of service, generates proper alarms and recommends solutions when needed.
- Proposes preventive and/or corrective actions for the provisioning of acceptable QoS for voice and data services.
- Follows-up and ensures the existence of sufficient capacity in the radio network (including on the BSC-BTS and the air interfaces).
- Researches and implements solutions for continuous service improvement in respect to parameter settings and configuration.
- Investigates and recommends proper solutions for customer complaints; validates proposed solutions related to parameter modification on the radio network.
- Validates the recommended radio parameters and configuration provided by the unit.
- Recommends measurement tools for the radio, Abis and A interfaces and related post processing tools.
- Proposes and verifies the implementation of optimal solutions in order to improve operational efficiency of the unit.
- Follows corrective actions based on the internal reports of coverage analysis.
- Follows-up general Radio access technology trends relating to radio optimization activities and assists the RAN Research & Studies unit in the update of Radio engineering guidelines accordingly.
Desired Skills and Experience.
- Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills.
- University degree in Computer or Telecommunication engineering
- 10 years of experience in 2G, 3G
- Proven professional training in Telecom
- Excellent in using excel.
- Good knowledge in performance management, DB parameters and features.
- Ericsson or Huawei vendor experience.
- Ready to work extra hours during rush periods
- Maintains professional relationships with all departments
- Ensures confidentiality of information.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online