Posted on :
19 Jul, 2011
The Application Sales Representative role is an experienced position in Application Sales. In this role the individual will be required to work independently as well as a team member to conduct license Sales and maintain account relationships in Oil and Gas accounts. The individual will be targeting to manage and maintain relationship with the existing install base and develop new opportunities in the assigned market whilst preserving Oracle’s relationships and image.
• Location: Based in Nigeria
• Territory: Oil & Gas Named Accounts.
• Reports to Sales Director – MRD Applications
• Has no direct reports, but leads the activities of different teams to support customers
• Works in the designated industry on a defined customer list and cooperates with his Technology Sales Representative counterpart
• Works to identify and cover all organizations (including existing Oracle customers) that fall into their designated account list focusing on building a strong pipeline and closing opportunities in a timely fashion
• Works with appropriate Oracle Partners, i.e. resellers, SI’s, ISV’s, technology partners and alliances whilst taking into consideration Oracle’s Business Conduct Policies.
• Works with Presales, Marketing, Oracle Direct and other Lines of Business (LOBs) to maximize the return from the assigned set of accounts
• Works towards an allocated License Sales Revenue targets
• Works to objectives agreed with Sales Manager
• Winning new license sales revenue inline with targets
• Up-Selling additional products into existing clients.
• Developing an Account Plans based on a strategic analysis of designated accounts
• Driving the execution of the Account Plan
• Owning the relationship between Oracle and the designated accounts Identifying and expanding the Oracle revenue opportunities in designated accounts
• Facilitating and nurturing Senior Management relationships to generate active sponsorship of Oracle
• Continually learning new products to introduce to the market.
• Being well informed about current industry trends and being able to talk intelligently about the Oil&Gas Sector industry as a whole and also the territory specifics of this industry.
• Identify and develop strategic alignment with key third party influencers
• Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
• Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows
• Participate in the development, presentation and sales of a value proposition
• Preparing written presentations, reports and price quotations
• Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale
• Producing formal written reports
• Generating additional reports as required by the Management including for example monthly and quarterly reports
• Produce an accurate forecast and pipeline
• Develop and maintain an understanding of partner activity relevant to designated accounts
• Generate and manage bid teams in compliance with public sector requirements
• Deliver and co-ordinate customer presentations and demonstrations Conduct and complete customer negotiations
• Research and analyze Oracle customers within the designated territory
• Own and Drive the resolution of any issues as required
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant Oracle products, practices and procedures
• Operate in line with Oracle’s processes and procedures
• Building effective relationships
• Customer Focus
• Effective communication
• Team working
• Organization sensitivity and awareness
• Personal Drive
• Planning and organization
• Results orientation
• Problem solving
• 5+ years of Application Field Sales experience in the enterprise IT sector, preferably in Nigeria
• Fluent in English
• Proven experience of Oracle Product offerings in relation to ERP, CRM, EPM and other Technologies.
• Proven track record in account management and achieving targets
• Proven experience within Manufacturing, Distribution and Oil & Gas industries
• Excellent communication/negotiating/closing skills with prospects/customers.
• Understanding of the enterprise software market
• Experience in working with channel partners
• Self starter, fast learner and hungry for knowledge and information
• Fully aware of technology trends, industry standards and terminology
• Team player
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Click on this link
select Nigeria, select job and apply