Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply and Logistics Assistant
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Requisition ID: 11161
Internal Job Grade: E1- national
Contract type: 1 Year Fixed Term
Job Family: Supply and Logistics
Reporting to: Supply & Logistics Officer
- The Supply & Logistics Assistant supports the Supply & Logistics Officer in providing technical support in procurement, warehousing, and property management.
- Key deliverables for this position include supporting general administration of logistics processes in terms of warehousing, documentation, and reporting of all procurement processes.
- The Assistant will be exemplary in commitment to Oxfam core values, upholding principles, and policies.
- Supports the Logistics Unit to carry out administrative tasks.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with Oxfam’s procurement procedures and policies.
- Supports Logistics Officer in the management of suppliers and updating of database.
- Provide day to day update on procurement related issues.
- Coordination and Management of diesel supply and reporting of minimum stock for replenishment.
- Management of Stationaries store and provide stock level for replenishment.
- Raising of requisition via EPO.
- Compile a detailed Bid Analysis and submit to the Supply & Logistics Officer for review.
- Prepares Purchase Orders (PO) for the successful bidder following approval of the bid analysis and makes sure that contracts, when needed, are properly signed, and filed.
- Follow up and update asset database on regular basis.
- To support logistics in sharing RFQ to potential service providers.
- Updating of Logistics procurement tracker.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Carry out other Logistics responsibilities as delegated.
- Ensure complete procurement documentations following receipt of goods and receipt of invoice with TIN (Tax Identification Number) of the supplier(s).
- Implement and document Oxfam Novib standard procedures and practices of purchasing and promote accountability of resources.
- Minimum of B.Sc. Degree or Higher National Diploma
- High level skills of Office Packages.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organising and documentation skills.
- Able to work in a diverse team.
Key Attributes – Desirable:
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and one of the main local languages widely spoken in northern Nigeria.
- Knowledge of Oxfam policies, procedure, and systems.
- Professional accreditation certification in supply chain management, warehousing, fleet management, logistics or facilities management.
Key Behavioural Competencies:
Competencies – Description
- Influencing – We can engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organisation We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities, we could create them in a respectful and impactful manner.
- Relationship Building – We understand the importance of building relationship, within and outside the organization. We could engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organisation.
- Agility, Complexity, and Ambiguity – We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with lack of clarity and deal with many elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
- Systems Thinking – We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome, or event in isolation. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.
- Listening – We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear and consider different preferences.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 9th March, 2022.