Pact works across multiple sectors and actors to combat corruption, promote democracy and improve health. Our funding partners run the gamut from the U.S. Government to private foundations to corporations, and our on-the-ground partners include Nigerian ministries and civil society organizations focused on advocacy, democracy and health.
Since 2005, Pact has helped forge partnerships between government and civil society, resulting in the passage of four significant national bills to fight corruption, including 2011’s landmark Freedom of Information Act. In 2012, we worked with 96 local Nigerian partners, equipping them to improve internal processes and broaden their support. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Intern
- The Program Intern will provide technical support to the PURE Project under the supervision of the Program Manager.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary project planning, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Maintain inventory of all project partner’s contact information.
- Maintain physical and computerized official documents for the project.
- Supports’ trainings and workshops.
- Maintain files and support the dissemination of project information among the team.
- Filing (electronic and hard) project documents, meeting minutes and technical documents.
- Perform basic administrative duties such as answering phones and emails, filing, and managing schedules, while also assisting in budget tracking and event planning.
- Attend staff meetings and takes minutes.
- Assist in planning, developing travel documents and overseeing special events.
- Degree in International Development, Social Work or other related degree.
- Minimum of 1 year post NYSC experience in a similar role in the NGO sector.
- Able to process large amount of information quickly and take decisions to solve problems capable to work effectively in a team and independently when required.
- Proficient in English (any other foreign language is an asset) Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Experience working within the location is preferred.
- Motivated to work with tight deadlines and ambitious targets.
- Outstanding communication skills (oral and written).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume/CV and Cover Letter on their suitability (MS Word format or PDF) to: [email protected]
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- All CV/Resume/Applications MUST be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for as the SUBJECT of the mail. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline: 26th April, 2019.