Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL) is an indigenous company established to provide a unique range of services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry. We venture into this industry with the objective of building on existing limited in- country capacity. In view of the enormous opportunities which abound in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and the new findings in other African countries, there is need for more indigenous players to fill the yawning gap by providing competitiveness and quality service delivery to the industry. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Subsea Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
Roles and Responsibilities:
The roles and responsibilities required of your position in the organization include but not limited to:
- Designing, costing and testing components and fittings using computer-aided design (CAD) software and 3D modelling.
- Building a small-scale model of a component, simulating the conditions it will have to withstand, observing its performance and analyzing the result.
- Planning appropriate improvements to the design of the component, applying them and testing it all over again.
- Carrying out full scaling testing of the finished component, ensuring it meets all operating, as well as health and safety requirements.
- Providing technical and engineering support to offshore teams.
- Producing budgets and plans for projects.
- Writing evaluations of project progress, success and any issues.
- Spending some time offshore to liaise with suppliers, manufacturers and other Engineers.
- Working closely with Subsea execution contractor in all aspects of intervention preparation including coordination of operation reviews and risks assessments, and delivery of engineering procedures and equipment.
- Identifying and adopting new technologies to improve business results.
- Mentor and aid in the development of organizational capability in the area of interventions and IRM.
- Have a strong safety execution and cost focus, as well as contractor management.
- Be involved in all aspects of underwater interventions and marine integrity projects.
- Adhere to company work processes, procedures and reviews and abide by regulations relevant to diving and intervention operations.
- Carry out technical responsibility for mechanical ROV and intervention content of tenders and projects.
- Carry out mechanical engineering design and development for remote systems and intervention tooling.
- Prepare tender specifications and costs.
- Prepare design specifications.
- Manage Sub-contractors.
- Prepare and check manuals and procedures.
- Prepare and check design calculations.
- Support manufacturing, testing and commissioning.
- Support ROV and intervention projects.
- Have technical contact with clients.
- Ensure continuity of lessons learned for ongoing and future projects.
- Carry out the inspection, repair and maintenance, (IRM) of CUE subsea assets using underwater intervention techniques (divers and ROVs).
- Any other assignment as may be directed by the Management.
- Candidates should possess a B.Eng with 3 – 6 years work experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 22nd April, 2022.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.