Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL) is an indigenous company established to provide a unique range of services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
We venture into the this industry with the objective of building on existing limited in- country capacity. In view of the enormous opportunities which abound in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and the new findings in other African countries, there is need for more indigenous players to fill the yawning gap by providing competitiveness and quality service delivery to the industry. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Subsea Specialist (Expatriate)
1.) HSE Commitment:
At all times, the Service holder will:
- Lead HSE commitment to Company Policy and Standards
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards
- Actively lead Company safety awareness and initiative schemes.
2.) Ethics And Compliance:
In undertaking this role, the Service holder will:
- Ensure contractors respect Company E&P referential standards
- Control and manage communication, in particular in case of high risk and emergency situations
- Ensure Company regulations and best industry practice is followed to ensure safe and cost effective operations.
- Adapt to changes in work practices and Service activities
- Act in the best interest of the affiliate at all times
- Seek out learning opportunities and transfer new skills and knowledge to the Service
- Adhere to the values and principles of the Company Code of Conduct at all time.
- Generate Drilling & Completion Service programs & ensure full compliance to company rules before implementation.
- Provide specialized technical Support to Deepwater DCSIs & Supervisor(s) as required
- Preparation, planning, optimisation, execution and follow up of the subsea operations
- Optimize operations and rig equipment in relation with engineering, geology, contractors and reservoir entities
- Ensure management of change document is prepared by DCD teams & approved before implementation
- Liaise with other entities for studies, engineering input and details required for preparation of well program, plans and contingencies.
- Ensure the respect of safety rules and frames of reference and ensure the reliability of technical information
- Ensure the suitability to operational requirements of personnel, equipment and services.
- Enhance Subsea equipment design and operational procedures to optimize safety and efficiency
- Follow up of proposed CONTRACTOR project maintenance schedule, optimization of equipment maintenance requirements to enable delivery of “fit for purpose” equipment.
- Provides Onne technical team support; review and delivery of periodic maintenance procedures for scheduled and preventative maintenance activities.
Context And Environment
- Deepwater environment with high cost exposure – 1.4MUSD/day rig rate,
- Transverse activities across all the disciplines within DCD (Drilling; Fluids; Wells & Intervention, GSR).
- Guarantee the accomplishment of the drilling and/or completion and/or work-over operations, in compliance with codes of practice, safety and environmental protection, all while optimizing costs and lead times
- Contribute to the return on Exploration & Production investments, through a continual search for the improving equipment, services and operational procedures
- Perform drilling and completion Service program review and ensure best practices are utilized
- Support interventions on subsea assets including all documentation/programs involving XT, Tubing Hangers completions and ROV intervention Services with all the associated running tools.
- Coordinate necessary meetings between services companies and rig contractor
- Ensure all operations are carried out in accordance with programs, HSE requirements and Company rules.
- Perform complex technical studies and troubleshooting problems for operations.
- Follow up rig operations including regular rig visits; monthly HSE meetings at the rig site and CWOP meetings.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Initial formal Education: Bachelor’s of Engineering / Tech or diplomas
- Professional Experience (number of years): Minimum 8 years Rig Experience/Operator
- Good communications skills are a bonus.
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV ASAP to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 20th February, 2020.
Note: This position is open to only Expatriates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.