Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: DevOps Solutions Engineer
Location: Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria
Department: People Operations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sector: Financial Services / FinTech
Reports To: Lead Platform Architect
About the Role:
- DevOps engineering activities at Paga fall within the Platform team which in turn falls within the Product Development group along the software engineering, product management and software support teams.
- As a DevOps Engineer at Paga, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining innovative and reliable continuous deployment and integration of Paga’s various applications and components.
- In addition, you will be responsible for configuring and maintaining some aspects of our platform where Paga’s applications are deployed.
- Design, implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Manage application deployments on Kubernetes
- Manage application databases running on MSSQL and PostgreSQL
- Design and maintain application monitoring and metrics collections
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve existing software engineering processes through automation
- Provide technical support by performing root cause analysis on QA and production infrastructures
- Design and document procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Strive to continuously improve existing processes used within the platform and software engineering teams.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- A Degree in a related discipline
- 2+ years continuous experience working on enterprise containerized application deployment automation and integration and 1+ years of experience in Java web application development
- While we use an increasingly diverse software and platform stack, the following technologies and skills are most heavily used and therefore important to have some experience in:
- Jenkins CI/CD solutions
- Kubernetes & Docker containerization frameworks, deployment & management
- Azure cloud services and management
- Java web application development and deployment using Tomcat
- Infrastructure as code practices
- Relational DB administration (SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Application monitoring solutions like Prometheus, Grafana and Kibana
- DevOps Automation using bash scripting and Terraform
To be an effective Cloud Solutions Engineer at Paga you must:
- Be able to create and maintain new and existing application deployment automation and integration within our cloud based platform
- Be able to diagnose and troubleshoot application deployment and runtime issues
- Be able to work closely with product engineering, testing and platform teams
- Be able to quickly grasp abstract deployment and integration requirements and translate them into appropriate cloud based CI/CD solutions
- Be meticulous about scripting and testing solutions to foster knowledge transfers, scalability and repeatability
- Be able to multitask well and be comfortable juggling multiple product development streams at once. Be comfortable with rapid change and be comfortable taking ownership to deliver results in a high-pressure product development environment
- Have a passion for quality and an ability and willingness to grow the ability of others in your team to meet those standards. Drive quality delivery across teams with which you work
- Communicate clearly and transparently.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.