Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and Communications Associate – Nigeria Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Ref No: req10248
Duration: 5 years
The objective of the SCALE Activity is to support civil society organizations (CSOs) and business membership organizations (BMOs) across all of USAID/Nigeria’s programmatic sectors with a basket of managerial, business strengthening, and advocacy capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed upon priorities. The activity is designed to enhance local civil society organizations’ ability to be positive and responsible change agents in Nigeria.
Purpose of Position
- The MEL and Communications Associate will support all communications, monitoring, evaluation and learning program activities. In this capacity, s/he will contribute to establishment of systems for gathering, reporting and analyzing performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation.
- She/he will undertake monitoring, evaluation and research tasks and deliverables for the project and support reporting and documentation for the project’s internal management systems and for external reporting ensuring reports are produced according to USAID/Nigeria guidelines. With oversight of the MEL Adviser s/he will develop and implement a communications strategy.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develops and disseminates information to familiarize target audiences with the project’s scope and activities;
- Works closely with the project stakeholders and supports grantees/sub-awardees to build their MEL and communications capacity;
- Contributes to the identification, analysis, and synthesis of technical knowledge and evidence-based information in intervention areas;
- Support project innovations and creativity, promoting innovations at project and partner levels;
- Supports preparation of high-quality project reports and documentation;
- Coordinates implementation of the project’s communication strategy;
- Work closely with USAID Development Outreach and Communications team to implement SCALE’s Branding Strategy and Marking Plan;
- Ensures compliance with the SCALE Branding Strategy and Marketing Plan;
- Communicates key messages and shares success stories, best practices, and lessons learned;
- Develops reports, communications materials, and engagement activities, documenting events and activities;
- Contributes to monitoring the Activity Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP) to systematically document performance for technical team to ensure implementation is on track;
- With oversight of the MEL Adviser, develops and ensures continual adjustment of the communication strategy;
- Together with MEL Adviser, ensures the alignment of MEL and communications activities with program goals and contributes to the development of annual work plans to identify targets and ensure inclusion of MEL and communications activities;
- Supports monitoring and tracking of project activities against the results framework;
- Conducts site visits as necessary for data validation to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets;
- Supports generation of monthly indicator reports and tracking of progress against key indicators;
- Collects and analyses data and results and evaluates progress in support of Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) plan;
- Production of infographics for reports and communication materials;
- Develops communications campaigns to highlight thematic topic areas as necessary, and helps develop and implement engagement strategies;
- Facilitates linkages and partnerships with media organizations;
- Organizes and backstops webinars and other learning events;
- Facilitates media and social media administrative processes.
- Experience planning, coordinating and executing communications products including infographics.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required, competency in statistical software and graphic design software a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and oral/written communication skills in English.
- Experience with USAID-funded governance programs highly desired.
- A Bachelor’s degree / HND in demography, statistics, social sciences, journalism, knowledge management, public policy communications or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning and/or communications and knowledge management tasks for development projects.
- Must be authorized to work in Nigeria.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply