Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Marketing Lead
About the Role:
- We’re looking for an experienced leader with a background in product-led growth at high growth Saas companies, to help Paystack acquire, engage, and retain Africa’s most ambitious businesses.
- The Product Marketing team at Paystack works across the entire product lifecycle – from generating customer insights that inform product positioning, to creating and executing go-to-market campaigns for our large suite of products.
- As the Product Marketing Lead, you will build an organization that partners closely with the Product, Engineering, Sales, Design, Editorial and Customer Success teams to help shape products, and drive adoption.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background building product marketing teams at technology companies, and has deep experience implementing and evaluating quantitative, product-led growth experiments.
- This is an exciting time to join the Paystack team. We’re growing quickly – launching in new countries and bringing new products to our customers – and we’re looking for marketer who appreciates the value of product led growth to help connect our target customer segments with the tools they need to grow successful businesses.
- This is a remote-friendly, full-time role, and you’ll report directly to the Head of Growth. The successful candidate will ideally be physically located within the GMT -3 to GMT +3 timezones, although we might make exceptions for great candidates. If you’re based outside Nigeria, the role will require occasional travel to Lagos, Nigeria at least four times a year, when it’s safer to travel.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead Paystack’s entire product marketing strategy. You will work closely with cross-functional teams – product managers, sales, design, editorial, customer success, and many others —to acquire, engage, and retain customer segments across all geographies.
- Recruit and coach members of the Paystack product marketing team. You’ll build a world-class marketing practice that attracts the best marketing talent.
- Oversee the launch of new products, and our entry into new countries. Your scope of influence spans everything from messaging, to ongoing campaigns to drive growth.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and keep a pulse on the competitive landscape to inform our go-to-market strategy. You will speak regularly with users and prospects and analyse the customer journey to discover the bottlenecks preventing them from finding success. These qualitative and quantitative insights will help inform Paystack’s product strategy as well as our approach to marketing.
- You will design and implement growth experiments at every stage of the customer lifecycle – from the logged out experience, through to onboarding and beyond – that help drive leads through our growth loops
- Build systems that generate product qualified leads and marketing qualified leads.
You’ll thrive as Paystack’s Product Marketing Lead if you:
- Have experience in B2B marketing and working closely with product development, sales, and creative teams. While it’s not critical that you’ve worked in fintech before, it would be a plus.
- Have experience marketing technical products where developers are major decision-makers
- Have experience building a thriving organization of product marketers. You understand the power of organizational design, and you are excited to mentor talent.
- Are a master communicator, able to articulate ideas in clearly and compellingly, both orally and in writing.
- Have experience in performance marketing / paid acquisition.
- Enjoy cross-functional, collaborative projects that involve several stakeholders.
- Have deep empathy for entrepreneurs. You genuinely enjoy speaking often with ambitious teams, and take every opportunity to deeply understand their needs. You enjoy figuring out how to solve their problems and remove the bottlenecks impeding their growth.
- Enjoy digging into the numbers to glean quantitative insight. You pair this with informed intuition to guide your decisions
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 11th July, 2021; at 11:59 pm WAT.
Application Instructions (Read carefully)
- Click the link above to apply and answer the application question.
- In your cover letter, please take care to explain how your professional and personal experiences have set you up to thrive in this role. This is important. We find that while unsuccessful applicants tend to simply summarize their CV, successful applicants are able to clearly articulate how their background makes them uniquely suited for this role.