The Pearls Specialist Hospital – We are a specialist hospital for maternal and child care with core competencies in fertility management and assisted conception, operating in Lekki, Lagos. It is our goal to be foremost in specialized care, medical education and research that delivers superior patients experience in a convenient, friendly and smart environment.
We are looking for qualified individuals who are passionate about team building and developing together, a state of the art facility, to join our highly experienced, diverse and agile team within the capacity below:
Job Title: Nurse – Midwife
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Type of Job: Full Time
- The ideal candidate will be responsible to care for our patients and facilitate their speedy recovery.
- You must possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of theater procedures, neonatal intensive care unit and patient safety.
- The ideal candidate must be conscientious in being a problem solver, compassionate, sensitive and fast to act in emergencies.
- The goal is to promote patient’s well-being by providing high quality nursing care.
- Monitor patient’s condition and assess their needs to provide the best possible care and advice
- Collaborate with physicians and nurses to devise individualized care plans for patients
- Perform routine procedures (blood pressure measurements, taking vitals, administering injections etc.) and fill in patients information electronically
- Adjust and administer patient’s medication and provide treatments according to physician’s orders
- Inspect the facilities from time to time and act to maintain excellent hygiene and safety (decontaminating equipment, sanitizing surfaces, preparing beds etc.)
- Provide instant medical consumables in emergencies
- Assist surgeons during procedures
- Foster a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
- Maintain medical and staff records
- Track medical and office supplies stock
- Update patient health records, including admissions and insurance data
- Create work schedules for staff members
Qualification and Experience
- The right candidate must possess a registered nursing/midwife certificate with a valid practice license certificate.
- 2-6years experience practicing in similar position
- Have good command of English listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Highly conscientious and result oriented
- Empathy and a caring disposition
- Have an ability to maintain good relationship, communicate effectively and work collaboratively in a work environment
- Have a good grasp of problem solving technique, alert to identify and finding workable solutions
- Have the ability to coping with pressure, multi-tasking and dealing with difficult situation
- The right candidate must possess a registered Nurse-Midwife certificate with a valid practicing license.
- Must be accustomed with the use of “electronic medical record” system.
- Must be good with the use of power point, Microsoft word and excel for presentations
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the position applied for as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 14th August, 2020.
Note: Only applicants who meet the requirements will be shortlisted.