The Pearls Specialist Medical Centre – We are a specialist hospital for maternal and child care with core competencies in fertility management and assisted conception, operating in Lekki, Lagos. Our vision is to be the hospital of choice in Nigeria. To achieve this, we take priority in providing the highest and safest international standard of medical services, across all our point of care, whilst delivering superior patients experience in a convenient, friendly and smart environment.
We pride ourselves as a one stop specialist hospital for quality maternal and child healthcare delivery and other medical services. Our competencies also includes: fertility management and assisted conception, other medical/surgical services and emergency medical services. From our leading-edge services in Assisted reproductive techniques, Obstetrics/Gynaecology, Neonatal/Paediatrics with digital imaging and state of the art Laboratory, to our highly experienced, diverse and agile team; we operate with a network of professionals and partners to ensure we deliver 24/7 quality of care to Patients.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for qualified individuals who are passionate about patient-care, team building and career development, to join our highly experienced, diverse and agile team to achieve our Centre’s vision.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing high quality medical care by examining / diagnosing patients and treating diseases or facilitating referrals where needed.
- You will also undertake tasks aiming for prevention and promotion of healthy habits.
- As a Medical Officer you must be professional and a compassionate individual.
- You must be very knowledgeable in regards to diseases, epidemiology and other medical conditions so you can interpret symptoms and diagnose conditions.
- The job can be demanding so a great deal of patience and physical endurance is required.
- Conduct routine check-ups to patients to assess their health condition and discover possible issues
- Give appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health
- Conduct examinations to ill patients and evaluate symptoms to determine their condition
- Ask intuitive questions to discover causes of illness
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and the clients’ / patient’s medical history
- Prescribe and interpret lab tests to obtain more information for underlying infections or abnormalities
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration
- Collaborate with other professionals, including nurses to form a high performing medical team
- Examine and provide treatments to injuries and refer clients’ / patients to other doctors when needed (ophthalmologists, orthopedists, neurologists etc.)
- Keep records of patients’ diseases, operations or other significant information (e.g. allergic episodes)
- Develop a culture of trust and care for clients’ / patients
- Remain up-to-speed with developments and best practices in medicine by attending conferences and seminars.
Qualification and Experience:
- The right candidate must possess a minimum of MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) with a valid practicing license issued by the Medical Dental Council of Nigeria.
- 1-2 years post NYSC experience working in a hospital.
- Strong understanding of examination methodologies and diagnostics
- Excellent knowledge of infectious diseases, their symptoms and epidemiology
- Broad knowledge of common medication, side effects and contraindications
- In-depth knowledge of legal medical guidelines and medicine best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Respect for patient’s confidentiality
- Compassionate and approachable
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Preferable someone living Lekki or environs (due to location of the hospital).
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using their “Name and Position Applied For” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 19th March, 2021.