Penspen has been providing engineering and project management, total programme management, asset management, asset integrity and training services to the energy industry worldwide for over 60 years. Originally founded in the UK in 1954 as Spencer & Partners, the company has now grown to include over 800 engineers with major offices in London, Houston,Bangkok and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Pipeline Engineer
- Project Duration estimated to be 12 to 14 months
- Work / Leave Rotation – Eleven (11) weeks on / Two (2) weeks off
- Five (5) working days per week / Eight (8) working hours per day (in-country).
- Work primarily performed at Client’s office location in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Based in Lagos (Nigeria), this role will embedded in a project involving the development, production and roll out of Engineering General Specifications (EGS) for the National Oil Corporation covering its upstream, midstream and downstream engineering activities.
- The EGS will specify the characteristics and technical details for the products, systems and processes that these standards cover.
Major Facets of the Role
- Member and Lead Pipeline Engineer within the project execution team.
- Championing achievement of all project objectives including safety, cost, schedule, security, risk and quality
- Supporting project interface management.
- Reviewing the EGS deliverable expectation list and scope, to deliver Project objectives.
- Preparing and developing Engineering General Specifications (EGS) for the Client to cover upstream, midstream and downstream pipeline engineering activities relating to the oil and gas industry
- Maximising the use of local regulations to ensure that quality, integrity and intended or specified purpose of all project work is not compromised.
Qualifications, Skill & Accomplishments
- A relevant Engineering Degree, or equivalent, preferably in Mechanical of Chemical Engineering.
- Extensive pipeline engineering experience within the oil & gas industry, with considerable and demonstrable background as Lead Engineer.
- Demonstrable oil & gas pipeline design experience (onshore & offshore), in-depth knowledge of international pipeline codes and standards and previous involvement in the development of pipeline engineering specifications and standards is essential.
- Good written and spoken English language communication skills are absolutely necessary for consideration.
Following will be provided in the employment package:
- International immigration costs, i.e. Work Permit Visa (TWP, STR) / vaccinations and inoculations / all local immigration and work permit costs.
- Economy Flights paid to Nigerian airport (Lagos) from home location for four (4) return trips over the duration of project year.
- In-country accommodation (including house rent, electricity, local landline, utilities, house keeper, security).
- In-country transportation and travel to/from Nigerian airport (Lagos) and to/from home office location for the duration of the Contract (including, but not limited to, taxis, hire/purchase of 4WD vehicle type, driver, regular and major maintenances, fuel, armed security, insurance, etc.);
- Medical and repatriation insurance.
- Any Nigerian salary tax such as PIT (Personal Income Tax) and other national health insurance contributions that might be applicable if more than 183 days per year are spent in-country.
Application Closing Date
1st June, 2018.