Petrofac are a leading FTSE 100 company, providing integrated services across the oil & gas asset life cycle in 29 countries worldwide. We design and build oil & gas facilities; operate, maintain and manage facilities and train personnel; enhance production; and, where we can leverage our service capability, we develop and co-invest in upstream and infrastructure projects whilst aiming to become to be the world’s most admired oilfield service company.
To provide estimating, pricing and commercial support, advice and guidance to Project Managers, with a focus of maximising value whilst minimising commercial risk to the Company.
- Develop and promote a culture of commercial awareness within the Project team.
- Provide estimating, pricing and commercial support, advice and guidance to Project Manager in the preparation of tender submissions and throughout the project execution
- Support the Project Manager and ensure ongoing and regular communication of all commercial matters pertaining to the calculation of the tender price and the project execution.
- Ensure rigorous adherence to Company’s policies and procedures
- Ensure that project costs and revenues are accurately monitored and controlled and that Company’s returns are maximised
- Ensure that the Company’s commercial interests are protected at all times
- Review tender commercial terms and conditions and the scope of work, proposing financially related clarifications or qualifications where necessary.
- Advise and agree overall commercial strategy with V.P. Operations & V.P. Commercial
- Consult with corporate functions (Compliance, HR, Insurance, Finance, Legal, Treasury and Tax) in the development of pricing models
- Liase with procurement, planning and other departments as required
- Take ownership of and responsibility for developing the commercial model and its population with all required norms, costs, prices and margins etc necessary for the calculation of the estimate or tender price
- Prepare initial bid budget & re-forecasts
- Rigorously follow company’s Risk Review process and prepare commercial input into the same
- Prepare, issue and evaluate requests for quotations to 3rd party vendors and contractors for subcontracted services and materials
- Advise and obtain approval for final commercial terms for bids
- Active involvement in pre-award pricing negotiations with Client and with 3rd party vendors
- Ensure projects are adequately resourced from a commercial perspective
- Prepare & monitor spend against mobilisation budget
- Implement appropriate project financial & commercial controls throughout project execution and ensure that projects operate in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Monitor and project expenditures and ensure preparation of regular cost/revenue reports to Project Managers and /or clients, including variance analysis, as required
- Ensure all works are valued and invoiced accurately and in accordance with project requirements and that Company cash position is maximised
- Ensure all variation requests, contract amendment requests and claims are prepared and submitted in a comprehensive and timeous manner to client. Negotiate and agree same.
- Preparation of contract final accounts and close out of all commercial issues and documentation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree Qualified. Professional cost engineering, financial or QS qualification preferred.
- Previous experience in oil and gas contracting. Broad understanding and knowledge of technical disciplines related to O&G projects.
- Estimating, tendering, pricing, negotiation, contract administration and cost control knowledge and experience.
- Excellent personal presentation and fluent written and spoken English. Second regional business language would be an advantage.
- Self-starter with high level of initiative and ability to work to tight deadlines under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and computer skills (advanced Excel). Knowledge of timewriting and project control software tools an advantage
Click here to apply