Pfizer – Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That’s why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics & Customer Service Specialist
Reports to: GSC NEAR Market Lead
Affiliate/Department/Location: GSC (Global Supply Chain), AFME / Nigeria
- Execute the operations of logistics and import of Biopharmaceutical products to Nigeria.
- Execute customer service and order processing activities.
- Ensure supply and distribution of all products in Nigeria supporting Pfizer’s local business strategies, objectives and by developing and implementing required solutions in alignment with Global supply Chain functions’ practices and in compliance with Pfizer’s standards in logistics, customs, trade, security, EH&S (Environment, Health & Safety) and quality as well as any applicable laws and regulations (Local, US or International) .
- Support the Demand Planner in the management of demand planning, supply & inventory planning.
- This position requires coordination and collaboration of different parties i.e. supply points, LSP (Logistics Service Provider), regulatory, sales, marketing and finance for demand, supply and inventory planning and logistics and distribution activities.
Import & ELC to Market Operations:
- Use BI report to check ELC inventory for the Market, reconcile with Demand planner, production versus receipts
- Process third party distributor orders in conjunction with ELC customer service
- Confirm deliveries to the Distributor Warehouse
- Reconcile Products with Distributor on receipt at the warehouse
- Ensure with the Regulatory department that all MOH permits for imports and exports are promptly processed
- Responsible for trade and customs compliance in line with Pfizer, GSC and any applicable laws and regulations (Local, US or International)
- Liaise as required with distributor on their orders
- Ensure shipping documents sent to customers are accurate
- Responsible for import clearance process and ensure documents are available for importation and clearance according to agreed KPI’s with clearing agent
Release and Quality Operations management:
- Provide to Quality Operations department details of product receipts
- Follow up on the system release process so that products are available for sale
- Reconcile all samples in the system
- Monitor operational performance of the LSP (Clearing agents, other third party service providers) against agreed service levels and implement required corrective actions when deviations occur, whilst focusing on maintaining customer satisfaction. Hold monthly business review with LSP to discuss KPI’s and related improvements
- Maintain and accurate database and follow up on all customer enquiries and complaints by addressing to LSP, ELC or supply sites.
- Work on payment on Government Levies, Clearing agent fees and insurance premiums, and Regulatory agency fees
- Follow up on exchange control documents for intercompany payment
- Work with banks on importation documentation
- Work with Regulatory Affairs Manager and LSP to ensure consistent compliance with required regulations, policies and procedures, and Pfizer standards for quality, facilities and cargo security, dangerous goods, controlled products, temperature controlled and high value products and EH&S for goods in transit. This includes all applicable local, US, regional or international laws
Customer Service Activities:
- Liaises with the Distributors for order processing as required
- Monitors product transfer to distributor inventory
- Collect proof of delivery
- Handles internal and external Customer inquiries and complaints
- Coordinates monthly and quarterly meetings with the logistics service providers
- Continuous improvement and market excellence champion
- Support Demand Planning and Inventory Management
- Give support in Logistics and Supply Operations across the East and West SSA markets as might be required.
- Act as back up for Demand planner
Specialty And Cold Chain Management:
- Ensure appropriate validation supporting the storage and movement of temperature sensitive products.
- Ensure appropriate packaging materials
- Monitoring devices and data reporting
- Ensure the standard operating procedures for cold chain product handling are followed
- proper communication with all stakeholders
- Create and receive purchase orders in the system
- Make postings into appropriate ERP and other supply systems as might be required
- Process orders in E1
- Process invoice and credit notes
- Work with Above Market planning team in data integrity
Job Specific Competencies And Business Skills
- Acts Decisively
- Seizes accountability
- Grows self
- Change Agile
- Self Awareness
- Commits to one Pfizer
- Holds people accountable
- Commercially astute with strong business acumen
- Strong communication skills and lead cross functionality
- Ability to interact and build effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Computer literate with extensive spreadsheet, data analysis, reporting and presentation skills
- Implementation and execution skills
- Metrics development monitoring and control
- Innovative, ability to pass good judgment
- Personal Learning
- Anticipates customer and market needs
- Strong analytical and issue resolution skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Proactive and result oriented
- Strong team work orientation required
- Ability to work effectively in an environment of competing priorities.
Business Experience And Qualification
- Bachelors degree/HND required – preferably in Business Administration, Sciences, Operations Management, Supply Chain or Logistics Management
- Experience in using ERP software packages for order management is a preference
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- 5 years experience in similar roles in supply chain, logistics or operations management in a multinational organization or a pharmaceutical healthcare industry is a preference
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply