Posted on :
7 Sep, 2010
7 Sep, 2010
Procter & Gamble Company (P&G) boasts boatloads of brands. The world’s #1 maker of household products courts market share and billion-dollar names. It’s divided into three global units: health and well being, beauty, and household care. P&G Nigeria recruits Consumer Market Knowledge Associate Manager
General Profile/Performance Expectations
Incumbent has broad professional knowledge and skills, acquired through extensive practical experience or academic qualification. To succeed in CMK, ability in Leadership and Thinks and Acts Decisively are key. Candidate should also demonstrate i) proficiency/independence in building own functional mastery and ii) passion for understanding consumers both qualitatively and quantitatively and then translating this in to action.
The candidate will have accountability for category and geographical consumer and market knowledge for Grow Africa Markets. This should be translated in to business building recommendations. They will also have accountability for building their personal and CMK mastery.
Job Requirements (per regional CMK definition):
· Understand the business problem/opportunity, convert it into a research objective.
· Work with more senior managers and expert resources to choose the best research tools and tests to address the problem/opportunity, culminating in recommending research design.
· Analyze and interpret data in an objective, accurate, and high quality manner using appropriate analysis, integration/synthesis, and tools. Learn to make recommendations on how to maximize the potential of the opportunity being researched.
· Analyze and interpret data from secondary/external sources to determine market and consumer trends.
· Ensure that business partners (Marketing, R&D, CBD, etc.) know what consumers and/or shoppers/ customers are saying by proactively seeking, analyzing and sharing learning.
· Help identify need for additional research and analysis based on the business context.
Category Understanding :
· Gain a foundational understanding of the market and consumer in terms of market size, growth, key segments, consumer habits, practices, attitudes, etc. based on existing data available. In customer/ shopper area, gain fundamental understanding of customer, retail industry trends and shoppers.
· Understand the range of quantitative techniques available to handle various business situations. Apply appropriate techniques with assistance from manager. Exposed to at least one study on each major technique in their field, viz. MDO research.
· Gain knowledge of the global technique and category standards so that own study designs utilize global standards whenever possible and adapt/design good local standards where needed.
· Learn about research execution and gain basic understanding of suppliers’ role, MDO-Operations role, and execution challenges.
· Define data output needs and align with management and supplier on how data will be delivered.
· Gain exposure in experience creation and delivery; assist manager in the experience creation by leading execution of elements of the experience; always attend, and often summarise/capture learnings for sharing across business team.
· Train self on techniques.
· Track project spending vs. proposal/budget.
· Acquire skills on time management, effective presentation and data sharing skills, persuasive communication, as required.
· Able to prioritize own and team work to deliver against agreed targets/deadlines on a quarterly/annual basis.
Success Driver Expectations:
· Leadership: Is an ‘expert’ resource to Grow Africa E-MOT team, leading business recommendations. Has ability to influence team, as well as to build their capabilities.
· Thinks and Acts Decisively: Demonstrates ability to i) integrate Knowledge and Thinks Strategically and ii) to analyse information and solve problems. Understands the final business objectives and identifies / creates effective solutions to achieve them. The incumbent will proactively look for alternative solutions and ensure the solutions link in and align to other processes/priorities. Acts as consultant and adviser to more senior managers / business partners.
· Collaboration: Builds internal and external networks to promote own and/or team effectiveness. The Associate Manager will works with all sections of the CMK function as well as outside suppliers and distributors. He/She works will independently work with peers and the management of his/her assigned business unit under supervision of the manager.
· Communication Skills: Able to make effective presentations/written communications that result in transfer of knowledge and influence / support to the decision making processes.
· Capability Building: Able to demonstrate independence and pro-activity in both building own capabilities and those around them (peers or direct reports). This should be an area of passion.
· Embraces Change: “Grow Africa” is a very big project and being worked in a very dynamic environment. Candidate should be agile to changes and able to move themselves and their organization forward with speed. They should also be comfortable working in an organization where you need to make fast decisions, based on deep consumer/shopper insight, but with limited data.
Minimum Qualification of a Bachelors’ degree or equivalent with good academic results.
Good Written and Oral English Skills
Proven Demonstration of Leadership and Analytical Skills.
Languages: Speaks French Fluently
Travel: Needs to be flexible to frequently travel within Grow Africa Markets
Job Market Research/Consumer & Market Knowledge
Job Type Standard
How to Apply:
Click here to View Job: http://www.pg.com/en_US/careers/index.shtml
Select Nigeria as the country, View Jobs and apply online