Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with six of the world’s top 15 brands, including the number one cigarette brand worldwide. PMI has a long history of success and innovation and is committed to responsibly delivering long-term, sustainable growth. The key to our success is our employees. We have a talented and diverse workforce of more than 82,000 employees who speak more than 80 languages and come from all corners of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Analyst
Purpose of this Role
- The successful candidate will contribute to the General Ledger and Accounts Payable processes, with minimal supervision in order to ensure accurate and reliable financial accounting records, Statutory and US GAAP accounting principles are met while respecting company principles and practices.
- Lead the preparation of annual statutory financial statements by ensuring they are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure an effective system for invoice verification, in such a way that payments are processes on time, in agreed amounts and terms of payment in order to achieve the cost effectiveness and good relationship with suppliers while respecting sound principles of internal controls.
- For the purpose of VAT recovery provide support to the tax department and ensure the correctness in VAT calculation and its timely and correct reclaim to achieve the cost-effectiveness and good cash flow management.
- Carry out accounting standards within the General ledger using the professional knowledge of Statutory and US GAAP to ensure the compliance with company principles and practices.
- Ensure that supporting documents to accounting inputs are obtained, authenticity and completeness are checked, calculations and coding prior their posting are verified.
- Coordinate the month-end and year-end closing activities in liaison with other departments to ensure that they are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
Reconciliations / Analysis:
- Ensure General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Intercompany and Sundry Accounts Receivable accounts accuracy and correct accounting within established procedures.
- Identify unusual or overdue items, reconcile/resolve the differences, select the appropriate corrective procedure and process the correction in the system to enable prepare the Company’s financial statements.
- Prepare analyses of financial data in order to deepen understanding of the financial processes and subsequently to do them more effectively.
- Responsible for the accruals process to ensure that all open approved purchase orders are posted to general ledger after their checking with responsible departments.
- Assume the responsibility for accounting procedure to ensure their accurate reverse in the following accounting period.
- Ensure analysis of accruals in order to present over/under accruals to management and to implement process improvement.
Master Data Administration:
- Ensure that master data (cost centres, profit centers, production centers, accounts, cost elements and it’s hierarchies, vendors, as well as pricing conditions and tax rates) in SAP system in accordance with company principles and practices.
- Ensure correctness of the master data and control completeness with respect to reporting requirements (local management, local statutory, PMI).
- Participate in the development team in the implementation projects as a member or a key-user in a project, participate in all integration tests and ensure correctness and completeness of the testing.
Statutory Financial Reporting:
- Make sure that local management and other internal parties are provided with timely and accurate reports on both regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Ensure that relevant external authorities are provided with the legally required reports on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis (statistical reports).
- Ensure supporting documentation to be prepared for preparation of statutory financial statements.
- Participate in preparation of statutory year-end financial statements, statutory consolidated financial statements including all disclosure requirements ensuring they are performed in a timely and accurate manner. Liaise with internal/external auditors to ensure a smooth audit process.
Internal Controls & Process Improvement:
- Ensure that Accounting as service department, is responsive and, where required, adapts or introduces new financial business practices as a result of changes in the environment.
- Initiate, evaluate and propose measures that will improve the long term profitability of the company.
- Master all IT tools existing and in addition make proposals for either modified tools or new tools to improve planning process.
- Liaise with IS in implementing such modifications. Co-operate with the Internal Controls and Compliance department in building a secure control environment that reflects the companies need to meet the highest standards of internal controls and ensure full compliance with principles and practices and all applicable standards.
- Lead continuous information exchange within the organization and ensure that full compliance of PMI standards are reflected in all legal entities and a continuous training and improvement process is maintained.
Taxation and Returns:
- Ensure VAT and WHT Tax returns are accurate, and timely submitted. Liaise with EEMA Tax for preparation of the annual TP documentation
- Liaise with the SCE team in Krakow to ensure effective cash and treasury management, also acting as the affiliates contact person with banks and other financial institutions
- Are you passionate about our business and would like to expand your international business knowledge? Are you solution driven with exceptional analytical and communication skills?
- Do you want to make a difference in our organization and contribute to building something new? If the answer is yes to all these questions, then we would like to hear from you.
- A bachelor’s degree in a numerical related discipline with minimum 3 years’ of experience is required.
- We are looking for a motivated individual with analytical skills, SAP experience and general accounting knowledge
Application Closing Date