Phillips Outsourcing Services Nigeria Limited – Our client, a well established firm in the Telecommunication Industry is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Back Office Configuration Engineer (2nd Level Operation)
Employment Type: Contract
- The candidate is expected to be customer-centric with a strong background in solution delivery, support, and operations.
- Play a key role in managing the delivery of services on the live customer network, broadcast platform and/or IS/IT infrastructure, Manage external (Customer) & Internal Stakeholders.
- Reporting to Head of Mobile Money Operations.
- Track and manage the changes in SW Development Process.
- Continuously follow up and report progress in the projects
- Support the project according to the decided Solution Configuration Management strategy
- Keep track of all configuration items.
- Document license information for global 3PPs and the company’s Standard Products and ”productify” licenses for local 3PPs to maintain traceability
- Establish and maintain baselines
- Manage and control the release and deployment of configuration items and baselines
- Will help to smooth workflow inside the development process.
- Define, build, register, and maintain product structures and related documentation.
- Defines and manages the branching and delivery process for projects.
- Do Software configuration management procedure improvement.
- Be Part of 24/7 team.
- Enhance productivity with minimal mistake in the process.
- Manage the different tools and development processes in a software product.
- Overall Experience in operations & Software development 3+ years.
- Preferable Software development experience. 2+ Years.
- Prior experience of software development configuration management. 2+ Years.
- Education: Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Algorithms or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with configuration management systems and documentation systems
- Good understanding of Software product lifecycle management, including product release cycles, assessment, and version control
- Ability to logically think through and solve challenging issues both individually and within a team
- Good experience on GNU / Linux, Open Source and Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Shell scripting / Python /Bash / Perl/ Java and Groovy.
- Hands-on experience of GIT, Stash, GitHub/Bitbucket etc. and release branching models, Jenkins is preferred.
- Effective presentation skills including the ability to train others
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English and French
- Standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates, and key management.
- Maintaining internet facing production-grade applications in virtualized environments such as cloud computing platforms and services.
- Working with scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers / Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms).
- Working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Mesos, OpenStack, Ansible and Spinnaker).
Salary: N350,000 – N600,000 monthly (Very Competitive)
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 8th March, 2022.