Pilot Media Initiatives is a social enterprise committed to enhancing systems, attitudes and behavior through innovative media. PMI strives to harness popular media as a vehicle for improving freedom of expression, inspiring accountable governance and encouraging democratic principles as part of a discursive society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Web Designer/Social Media Manager
- Pilot Media Initiatives is recruiting an experienced and enthusiastic Web Designer/Social Media Manager for an upcoming voter education media campaign.
- The Web Designer/Social Media Manager will develop tailored webpages for the Osun state election and maintain a dynamic, effective and measurable social media presence.
- This is a full time, short-term position that will end in September 2018, based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The media campaign will employ comedy, entertainment and satire elements to promote a voter education campaign that will inform voters and increase turnout for the Osun state election in September 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage regular reporting processes to inform campaign managers on micro and macro audience trends;
- Work in cooperation with content creators to generate social media friendly content;
- Take initiative to propose and trial new social media approaches; and,
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as instructed by the PMI Program Manager.
- Design web pages that integrate with the Vote Not Fight online platforms;
- Develop and manage the social media programming strategy, in cooperation with PMI and partners, to maximize audience reach and engagement;
- Identify and optimize long- and short-form online platforms and via multiple devices accessible to the target audiences;
- Ensure video cohesion and complementarity across legacy and new media platforms according to a strict schedule;
- Create diversified audience engagement strategies for the campaign that combine various platforms and allow for constant measurement and recalibration;
- Incorporate data-driven practices and formulate social media feedback loops for multi-purpose audience assessments;
- Experience in designing and leading social media campaigns tailored to multiple devices;
- Demonstrated portfolio of maximizing social media reach and engagement using short- and long-form video;
- Proficiency in social media analytics measurements on popular platforms, such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter;
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of online content-management systems preferred
- Excellent understanding of mass media and social media.
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and ability to work under pressure and as a member of a team.
- Exceptional communication skills. Communicates clearly and persuasively verbally and in written form;
- An excellent team player;
- Ability to work independently and with nominal instruction;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mass Communication, Journalism with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division or an HND Degree in related field with Upper Credit only. Training in Multimedia production will be an added advantage.
- Must have completed the compulsory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
- Should have at least 4-5 years of professional work experience in social media and web management.
- Expert knowledge of web production, web standards, design and usability.
- Position demands excellent web writing skills and interface design.
- Must demonstrate good understanding of current events.
Salary and Benefits
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: [email protected]
- Updated CV
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio of your work
Application Deadline 9th July, 2018.
- Eligible candidates applying for this position must be resident in or able to live and work in Aubja at own cost.
- Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted and contacted.