AMEC designs, delivers, enhances and maintains infrastructure for a broad range of customers in power and process industries, to day, AMEC Nigeria seeks the services of a full time Senior Piping Engineer to be based in Nigeria
- The Engineer will be accountable for accurate and consistent preparation and execution of the project pipe work work scope [fabrication and erection]
- adherence to the selected outfitting sequence in accordance with the project schedule.
- preparation of pipe work work packs.
- Liaison with the design team to ensure constructability input is built into the design and that the detail design is fabrication friendly.
Key aims and objectives
- Play an active role in ensuring that all project HSE goals are achieved and where possible exceeded.
- Process safe completion of designated sub systems and systems in line with the project schedule and milestones in a consistent and timely manner.
- Assist in maintenance of the project budget through diligence and utilisation of efficient and working practices.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- To Provide input into constructability review of the detail design.
- To provide input into the selection of the most appropriate build method and the build sequence.
- Liaison with the fabrication engineering office to ensure that the fabrication isometrics are produced in line with the production requirements.
- Identification and sourcing of pipework tools / spares / consumables.
- Production of pipework work packs in line with project procedures, schedule and milestones.
Adherence to all applicable site / project safety procedures.
- Active participation in all company and project safety initiatives.
- Liaise with the completions and commissioning team leaders.
AMEC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment
This application ends on 30th October 2009
Click here to apply directly through AMEC official website