Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
Locations: Pulka and Gwoza, Borno
- The food distribution assistant is responsible to assist the distribution of food rations in compliance with Plan International Nigeria and UNWFP policies for an effective and smooth-running general food distribution program.
- The food distribution assistant will work under the direction of the food distribution officer and will collaborate closely with other project staff employees within the commodity department.
Dimension of Role:
- This project designed to provide the following services in Pulka and Gwoza LGA: General Food Distribution (GFD) targeting 56,738 and Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program (BSFP) targeting 6,904 beneficiaries (Children 6 to 59 months: 4,854 and 2.050 Pregnant and Lactating Women).
The Nutrition Assistant will among many other tasks perform the following:
- Reinforce project’s activities through outreach activities using community relays and women group to:
- Community mobilization
- Continuous Screening
- Educative talk on Nutrition and hygiene and ENA
- Cooking demonstrations
- Distribution of nutritional products
- Referral of MAS to relevant structures
- Monitoring of ex MAS cases
- Home visits to verify the preparation, storage and use of nutritional products.
- Verify cases of non-respondent to the treatment
- General monitoring of project activities
- Liaise with the District Supervisor, Project Coordinator to ensure the quality and federation of nutrition actions within the districts;
- Ensure that the Community Animators have a well mastery of the anthropometric measurements and equipped to screen malnutrition
- Ensure proper and effective Distribution of Foodstuffs to patients
- Oversee the post-distribution processes and prepare the next distribution
- Collects and consolidates reports for chief relays
- Organize regular jointed meeting with stakeholders to be able to exchange vital information on the project.
- Reinforce capacity of existing community relays in his/her zone of intervention
- Involve as much as possible the representative of the Ministry of health in all projects activities.
- Create good collaboration channel with all stockholders.
- Reinforce the link between MAS, MAM and BSF programs.
- Ensure the appropriation of the project through capacity enhancement of local dialogue structures.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- At least SSCE/NECO is required
- Previous experience in a related position for at least 1 years, including working under Nutrition projects.
- Experience working on a UNWFP-funded projects
- Experience in working in deep field
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Commitment to and understanding of PLAN’S aims, values and principles.
- Applicants must be community based (Pulka/ Gwoza)
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver PLAN’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Facilitate the development and scheduling of volunteer outreach activities.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 3rd February, 2021.
Note: Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.