Plan International Nigeria is part is the global federation of Plan International and was registered as a National Organization in 2014 in Nigeria. Plan International works in 52 developing Countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas. Plan’s Global Strategic Goals (2017-2022) is to advance Children’s Rights and Equality for Girls ad our Ambition is, “together, we take action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive”. We reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised through the delivery of high-quality programmes that deliver long-lasting benefits to children and their communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Advisor in Emergencies
Req ID: 24823
Reports to: Emergency Response Manager
Context and Dimensions of Role
- The WASH Specialist will deploy, often at short notice, to support a CO respond to a particular emergency.
- The specialist will be responsible for designing the WASH strategy and overseeing all WASH programmes.
- In addition they will be responsible for external representation, in particular with the WASH cluster and any associated working groups.
- Ensure all emergency WASH programmes have a clear focus on addressing the specific needs of young girls, adolescent girls and young women.
- Represent Plan International with key external stakeholders (Government, Donors, UN agencies and peers).
- Represent Plan International in the WASH cluster, ensuring 3Ws info submitted as required.
- Support the development of WASH funding submissions, and donor reporting
- Oversight of assessments as required, in line with Plan International’s standard tools.
- Develop WASH programme strategy and oversee its implementation ensuring alignment with SPHERE and CHS.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Humanitarian Programme Cycle
- Experience in conducting needs assessments
- Experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of emergency WASH programmes.
- Experience of representation with a wide range of external stakeholders
- Good knowledge of SPHERE and the CHS.
- May be required, to work during late hours, weekends and holidays in order to ensure timely delivery of programmes.
- Language skills desirable (for example English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic)
- Strong team management, staff capacity building and motivation skills in teamwork and networking.
- Excellent skills in donor proposal / report writing
Level of Contact with Children:
- Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd August, 2018.