POKET is a small technology start-up that has built an Android application to help map unmapped regions in Nigeria. Specifically, we are focusing on street merchants in open markets that are often overlooked by applications like Google Maps. Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Summer Intern
Duration: 2-month with the possibility of extension
- We are looking for candidates who are comfortable navigating in places like Idumota Market to engage with merchants, complete surveying tasks in the market using the mobile application, and help acquire new users for mapping. You will likely be back and forth between the field and our office space.
- Creative thinking in creating new pathways for app distribution and user acquisition in highly concentrated, dense market areas
- Knowledge and network/friends/family in specific markets in Lagos is an asset
- Ability to travel and work independently in Lagos and surrounding areas (if needed).
- Ability to receive direction, collaborate with others in setting goals, and work effectively in teams to achieve agreed upon goals
- Leadership, communication skills, organizational skills, problem solving skills and interpersonal skills required
- Candidates must own their own ANDROID smartphones with (ideally) 4G data plan
- Candidates must be digitally savy and comfortable navigating through smartphone applications
- Ability to acquire Android users by leveraging their own network and penetrating open neighbourhood markets in Lagos
- Must be comfortable navigating open street markets for extended periods of time
- Ability to demonstrate tact, courtesy and respect while speaking to merchants in unfamiliar areas and market
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] Bonus points if you can share a link to a 1-2 minute selfie video introducing yourself and telling us why you’re the best person for the job!
Application Deadline: 2nd April, 2019.