Population Services International (PSI) – With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Scale-Up Consultant, Adolescents
Job ID: 360 (A360)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Department: Reproductive Health and Family Planning
Reports to: SFH A360 Project Lead/PSI A360 Project Manager
- With the generous support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), PSI is implementing A360, an innovative investment with a consortium of partners including the Society for Family Health/Nigeria (SFH/Nigeria), Triggerise, the Center on the Developing Adolescent from the University of California, Berkeley, and IDEO.org.
- The project is working with adolescents, young people, parents, community members, providers, and policy makers in Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Tanzania to design scalable, cost-effective models aimed at increasing voluntary, modern contraceptive use among adolescent girls aged 15-19. The project is high profile and considered to be both Gates’ and CIFF’s “flagship” adolescent investments.
- Provide technical expertise in scaling up of programs and interventions, leading the development of strategies to maximize the potential of A360 adolescent sexual and reproductive health programs at scale
- Provide effective guidance and support to in-country management teams and staff assigned to the project.
- Contribute to the Optimization Phase Report Deliverable
- Support A360’s team in Nigeria to actively plan for pathways to scaling up of promising interventions
- Advise on needed planning, partnerships and processes to be developed to support effective and efficient program scale-up
- Contribute to supporting the design and diffusion of innovative approaches to program design and implementation
What are we looking for?
- Advanced Degree in Business, Marketing, International Development, Public Health or related subject preferred with at least 5 years of relevant experience, including time spent working in the private sector
- Skilled in analysis and problem solving with excellent project management skills.
- Evidence of ability to work independently and to lead small groups to consensus.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in Nigeria without sponsorship
- This consultancy will be through August 2018.
- Experience in large-scale program rollout, specifically in healthcare, hospitality, franchising or another similar service area
- Ability to see the big picture and make strategic decisions on program implementation at a large scale while remaining grounded in evidence-based decision making and attuned to program details
- A good balance of creative and innovative thinking coupled with strategic, analytic and practical skills to develop and implement strategies that generate tangible outcomes.
- Must have exceptional results orientation, with a high degree of personal initiative and leadership, in a minimal resource environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 2nd June, 2018.
- Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted.
- PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.