The Port Management Association of West and Central Africa (PMAWCA) is a sub-regional intergovernmental economic organisation, made up of twenty two regular member Ports and Nine Associate members including landlocked Countries and Maritime Organisations, all located along the West Coast of the Africa Continent Stretching from Mauritania to Angola.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Manager
Location: Secretariat of PMAWCA, Appapa, Lagos
Date of Assumption of Duty: 1st March, 2018.
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract of five (5) years
Description of Post/Duties
Under the authority of the Secretary General, the candidate shall:
- Ensure efficient book keeping at the Secretariat and manage its cash account
- Undertake daily monitoring of resources and expenses
- Analyze and report on financial status including income statements, Perform budget preparation and analysis
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Oversee taxes and abide by federal regulations Carry out any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Perform regular accounting activities including bank and cash account reconciliations,
- Prepare periodic reports on budget and cash situation to assist Management in decision making
- Coordination the conduct of annual audits, and reviewing financial reports/support as necessary
Required Academic and Professional Profile of the Candidate
- A citizen of Nigeria by birth/nationality and not more than 55 years old by March 2018.
- Holder of a minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration (Accounting/Finance option) from an accredited Institution, or an equivalent professional qualification such as Chartered Accountants Certificate (CA/ACCA) Part It.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Must have a working knowledge of French language
- Must have an aptitude to work in a team in a culturally diverse environment
- At least four (4) years of proven practical experience in the field of finance, accounts management in a corporate organization
- Have a mastery of the use of IT toots, especially use of relevant computer applications including Excel, Word, Power point, Internet, as well as the use of relevant accounting softwares and databases
Salary and allowances are attractive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (in two copies) to:
The Secretary General,
Port Management Association of West and Central Africa,
12 Park Lane, Apapa,
Contents of Application
The application must contain the following:
- The Candidate’s CV and a hand written application letter stating his/her motives for applying for the job
- Certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/degrees
- Certificate of medical fitness
- A testimonial of good morals (extract from police record)
- Certificate of nationality and birth
- Certified copies of relevant employment or apprenticeship/internship testimonials
Application Deadline 25th November, 2017.