DORNIM Solicitors and Legal Consultants is a reputable law firm based in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State. The firm is looking to hire for immediate employment, a hard working and intelligent individual to fill the position of a Practice Administrator for all its associated businesses.
- Ensuring a proper filing system is in place and maintained at all times to aid easy accessibility;
- Ensuring the office is in excellent, admirable and welcoming conditions at all times by supervising the duties of the receptionist and cleaners;
- Ensure proper safekeeping of administrative related files, service registers, attendance register etc.
- Maintaining the facilities and equipment including but not limited to the computing products, rest room etc;
- Purchasing office requirements timely to prevent shortages;
- Support management with reporting and analysis as needed.
- Negotiating favorable deals with vendors or third party suppliers; and
- All other requirements the Firm and its associated businesses may need to operate effectively and efficiently whether or not it is regular.
- Preparing and submitting monthly financial statements;
- Keeping and maintaining proper accounting records of financial status of the Firm and associated businesses at every point in time;
- Handling the Firm`s banking transactions;
- Managing the petty cash account including but not limited to planning the expenditure of the firm to ensure healthy cash flow;
- Perform all day-to-day accounting operations (Accounts Payable, Bank & Finance Reconciliations, Tax Preparation and remittance, Profit & Loss preparation etc).
- Generate invoices as at when needed.
- Ensure that all issued cheques have documented official receipts.
- Ensure collection of payments from clients and creditors within agreed time frame.
- Process payment within 30 days of submission of invoices or receipts for refunds.
- Ensure that all vouchers are countersigned before disbursement of cash.
- Interface with the company’s designated banks and maintain proper and systematic filing of documents.
- Maintaining contact with the Company’s banks accounts officer and auditors.
- Preparation of Payroll.
- Monitoring issuance of receipts and certifying that all invoices are paid up; and
- All other financial duties that may arise for the beneficial and effective operation of the financial status of the Firm.
- Manage recruitment and staffing at all levels including employee on boarding and inductions
- Implement performance appraisals, review and amend policies & procedures and establish in-house and external training programmes for employees
- Helping the Principal of the Firm achieve both personal and professional goals or objectives; and
- Handling responsibilities set by the Principal from time to time.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum qualification required is a Degree in Accounting.
- Required minimum accounting experience is 2 years.
- HR experience is desirable
- Experience in the legal industry will be an advantage.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral.
- Proficient with the use of Quickbooks accounting software and MS Office tools.
- Apt knowledge of customer service delivery.
- Office management experience will be an advantage
Method of application
Interested and qualified persons should apply for this job by emailing the following by 10th May 2017 to [email protected] :
- their CV, and
- a detailed Covering Letter stating why they are right for the position