Praise Microfinance Bank is a proposed Microfinance Bank in Benin City. The promoters have commenced the process of obtaining operating license from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as a Microfinance Bank. Praise Microfinance Bank is an offshoot of Mipraise Multipurpose Cooperative Society Limited. The Cooperative Society was registered on 2nd September, 2014 to provide Microfinance services for Nano, micro, small and medium scale enterprises in Edo State. Mipraise Multipurpose Cooperative Society Limited has built a resounding success on excellent service delivery in a uniquely customer friendly environment through professional staff, leveraging on world-class technology. We are currently recruiting to fill the management position below which is required as part of our licensing process:
Job Title: Head of Operations
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Supervise and coordinate all operations within the bank to ensure seamless running of operations with optimum service delivery to customers.
- Ensure that all activities align with bank’s overall strategy and objectives.
- Oversee the movement of cash in and out of the Bank.
- Keep custody of the vault and ensure that an economical quantity of cash is in the vault and at teller stations to meet the normal demands of bank’s customers.
- Oversee the cash reserve balance in the vault and update the reserve book.
- Oversee the upload of cash in ATM, as required.
- Ensure that cash management within the Bank is in line with the MFB -wide policies and procedures.
- Oversee the administrative and financial operations of the Bank.
- Certify all accounts opened by the customer relations officer.
- Oversee the general appearance and ambiance of the banking hall.
- Make daily returns on all inward clearing cheques to the head office.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on the day-to-day activities of the branch.
- Supervise and coordinate all operations within the Bank to ensure seamless running of operations with optimum service delivery to customers.
- Ensure the accuracy of journal entries and cash book.
- Oversee Cheque book maintenance and issuance.
- Act as custodian to the voucher packet room.
- Ensure adequate compliance with anti-money laundering requirements.
- Render timely and accurate returns to the Head, Branch Operations
- Oversee the activities of staff by ensuring punctuality and adherence to the job schedule.
- Liaise with relevant departments, including IT to provide solutions to operational issues that may arise within the Bank.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- B.Sc. or HND from a recognized institute.
- Minimum of 5 years in microfinance bank
- Minimum of 3 years as a head of operations/similar role in microfinance bank
- Evidence of completion of CIBN Microfinance Certification program will be an added advantage
- Must have good communication & analytical skill
- Knowledge of MS office suite.
- Proficient use of BankOne is a distinctive advantage
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of all regulatory policies and procedure
- Ability to recognize problems and apply Risk Management techniques to address them
- Strong planning, organizational and time management abilities
- Excellent Leadership, team management, developing and mentoring
- High-level influencing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 10th May, 2023.