Precious Palm Royal Hotel is a sensational resort strategically located in a serene and cozy and Transport, Headquarters, Lagos – Benin Expressway, Isiohor, Ugbowo environment; and shares a common boundary with the Nigerian Army School of Supply, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: F & B Director / Manager
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strive to always achieve budgeted food sales, beverage sales, labor costs and profitability.
- Timely analysis of Food & Beverage Prices in relation to competition.
- Participation and input towards the hotel marketing activities or promotional plan.
- Telemarketing to previous guests or customers to inquire about possible future patronage.
- Handle all Food & Beverage inquiries and ensure timely follow up.
- Attend weekly management meeting.
- Assist in menu planning and pricing.
- Must have a complete knowledge of Fire Procedures.
- Ensure bar inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
- Ensure the maintenance of bar control policies.
- Work with the Executive Chef, Food & Beverage Supervisor and Head Waiter including the Bar supervisor to ensure all arrangements and details are dealt with in the department.
- Establish a rapport with all units to ensure guest satisfaction and patronage.
- Minimize number of customer complaints.
- Monitor the quality of Food & Beverage services and department phone handling.
- Responsible for staff training and development.
- Train staff to ensure conformity and uniformity of service.
- Train restaurant staff on phone and communication etiquette
- Train kitchen staff on various food procession, safety and hygiene
- Train the bar staff on various cocktails
- Recommend training for restaurant, bar, and kitchen’ staffs
- Discipline personnel when required.
- Responsible for overseeing all scheduling within the department including that of weekly duty roaster.
- Report any deficiencies in equipment and facilities.
- Must have control over the kitchen, bar and Restaurant’ staff to ensure smooth running.
- Ensure the re-order level is maintained for foods and drinks at all times.
- Ensure kitchen and bar staff balance their shift stocktaking before leaving on daily basis.
- Ensure the quality and quantity of food meets the standard of the hotel.
- Ensure customer’s order is well taken and guaranteed satisfaction.
- Ensure the kitchen operates at full capacity and report utilization daily.
- Prepare cost estimate of the ingredients used in cooking and of costing of the food prepared.
- Ensure proper preservation of foods and monitoring of drinks, glasses etc.
- Ensure the marketing of the restaurant and bars for optimum patronage
- Liaise with the Account and ensure proper costing of all foods and drinks that is to be sold.
- Ensure Customers / Guests observation and complains are resolved.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / HND qualification with a minimum of 7 years work experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 20th August, 2021.