Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Supply Chain Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno with travel required to Monguno and Kukawa Base
Position Type: Full Time
- The Deputy Supply Chain Manager assists the Supply Chain Manager in ensuring a smooth running of the Maiduguri coordination base, and the capacity building of supply team.
- He/She contributes in guaranteeing timely and quality deliveries of required goods and services for PUI programmes in Borno State, Nigeria.
- Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Manager
- Under the technical supervision of the Supply Chain Manager
- Under the overall supervision of the Logistics Coordinator.
Responsabilities and Tasks
- He/She assists the SCM in ensuring that PUI’s procedures, policies, and logistical tools are in place and are respected.
- He/She will be based in Maiduguri but can spend time on base to support activities.
- Under direct supervision of SCM, He/She ensures a direct functional link with the logistics staff at base level, providing guidance and training as necessary to guarantee the logistics tools and procedures regarding the supply chain are properly used and updated.
Providing Support to the Supply Chain Management
- He/She may provide the adequate backup and support to the Logistics Coordinator in order to guarantee that all procurement plans are implemented and updated for each grant.
- He/She could guarantee that procurement procedures are respected according to the donors’ and PUI’s guidelines.
- He/She may help in guaranteeing that the SCM procedures are fully respected without being an impediment to the timely implementation of the activities by:
- Collaboratively following up each procurement plan with the Log Managers and the projects teams (from DHoM to PMs).
- Proactively initiating the launching of all the necessary procurement process (above all the calls for tenders).
- Supporting the edition of logistics documents when and where necessary, d. Improving, facilitating and monitoring the chain of validation
- He/She may guarantee the validity of all the procurement files edited by the Log Managers according to PUI’s SC policy by regular visits of control (direct check of the folders)
- He/She may help in supervising the identification and referencing of suppliers.
- He/She may consolidate/update the mission’s price catalogue for the mission’s operation areas.
- He/She may ensure that purchase files are correctly archived and sent to HQ/Paris on time (correlatively with Accounting files).
- He/She may work in close collaboration with the person requesting the purchase, with strong technical specificity, and carries out any appropriate conformity tests if required.
- He/She may help in ensuring that contracts are adequately signed by the empowered coordinators and guaranteed a strong protection for PUI in case of disagreement.
- He/She may centralize and optimize the grouping of purchases.
- He/She may contribute to plan and eventually supervise the shipment and delivery of materials/equipment up to their final destination.
- He/She may contribute in following up the shipment of merchandise coming from abroad when necessary.
- He/She may help in guaranteeing the management and monitoring of the supply chain storage places, according to the PUI’s standards and tools.
- He/She may ensure that the storage places are appropriate to the supply chain needs and that items are stored appropriately in terms of safety, layout and salubriousness.
- He/She may participate in the importations of goods when necessary.
- He/She may ensure the movement/transfer of documents is properly referenced.
- He/She may help in checking stock reports on a monthly basis and submits to the Logistics Coordinator.
- He/She may be responsible for the procurement validation in order to guarantee the respect and the good application of PUI procedures before submitting to the Logistics Coordinator.
- He/She may be responsible for the first reading (and validation) of all procurement which comes from the different bases.
- He/She could provide some pieces of advice to the base logistician for the procedure.
- He/She may support the Logistics Coordinator for the opening of tenders (participation, correction, validation)
- He/She may check and analyse the purchase follow up every week and give some support to the logisticians if issues are identified.
- He/She may receive all hard copies, organize and classify all the procurement in order to prepare the audit.
- In accordance with the HQ he/she may check and prepare all the files for the upcoming audit.
Providing Support in the Medical Procurement
- He/She may organize and fill all the medical purchase files, in accordance with PUI guidelines and organize the purchase in accordance with the HQ Supply Officer when necessary.
- He/She may provide support to the transport partner, provide all necessary documents which are needed
- He/She may be the “interface” with all suppliers (transport, custom clearance)
- He/she mayl organize shipment and supervise the transport of merchandise and equipment.
Supervising and managing logistics teams and training regarding the supply chain:
- Under the direct supervision of the SCM, He/she may be in charge of the management of the Supply Chain team.
- He/She could contribute in planning the activities.
- He/She may participate in the capacity building of the Logistics Supply Chain team.
- With support of the Logistics Coordinator and Log Managers, He/She may identify the needs for trainings and prepare relevant training material for all logistic department (presentations and documents to be distributed).
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- Recruitment and Capacity building of the Supply Chain Logistics Staff.
- Reinforce the supply management and ensure the continuity of the quality control on the Mission
- Verification of Mission Purchase files to prepare 2018 audits.
- English / Hausa / Kanuri.
- Bachelor of Arts / Science or any other professional qualification.
- Minimum of 1 Year with INGO.
Knowledge and skills:
- Team Management
- Supply Chain management
- Negotiation with suppliers
- Logistical skills
- Administrative and Management skills
- Knowledge of procedures: institutional donors (UE, OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies …)
- Computer skills
- Pack Office and any other software.
- Transversals skills
- Ability to work and manage affairs professionally, and with maturity
- Ability to represent the activities and mandate of PUI before local authorities and suppliers
- Ability to work with different partners in a spirit of openness, and with adaptable communications strategies.
- Ability to work independently while taking initiatives and showing a sense of responsibility
- Ability to withstand pressure and volatile environment
- Sense of diplomacy
- Analytical skills
- Capacity to adapt and organizational flexibility
- Organization, rigor and ability to meet deadlines
Application Deadline 20th May, 2018.