Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political, and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars, and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist
Location: Pulka, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- The PUI Nigerian mission was officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for internally displaced people (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri metropolitan council (MMC).
- The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, and nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECH, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. From the launch of the health care services in February 2017 to the end of April 2018, a total of 119 913 OPD consultations were reached in Bolori 2, while more than 60.000 beneficiaries have been reached by our cash project.
- In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding protection and community outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori 2. In the month of October 2018 only, more than 3.500 households have received door to door visit from the PCO team. In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community.
- PUI has been supporting the MOH in providing primary health care services through three outreach clinics and two PHCC and in 2021 transits to support 4 PHCC in Bolori 2
- The severity of the needs and the reduction of the humanitarian access make PUI positioning in Health and Nutrition crucial, especially in Monguno where PUI has taken over some core activities from ALIMA at the beginning of 2021, after they closed their program there. At the end of 2020, PUI launched an exploratory mission, along with INGO colleagues in Zamfara State (Northwest) and has developed a strategy for its upcoming intervention in the area.
- In 2022, PUI continues with its intervention as it considers the opening of PULKA field office, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community.
- Under the supervision of the Health PM, the Pharmacist shall ensure the overall functioning of the PUI Base Pharmacies and an adequate supply of quality medicines and medical equipment to PUI projects/pharmacies on the field.
- He must ensure proper pharmaceuticals management (storage, distribution, inventory and consumption) for the entire Base, both at the operational bases and health structures supported.
- The supply chain of medicines must be safe, reliable and documented at all levels.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Data collection, treatment and analysis:
- Monthly supervise the data collection (in / out, consumption) of bases and Health Centres and their data entry
- Ensures delivery of drugs and supplies to various sites/ facilities and appropriate use of the management document (inventory records, delivery notes, computer tools etc.)
- Ensures first aid kits/pep kits are refilled
- Be able to provide at any given time reliable information on stock, consumption, use of medicines and health products for each project.
- Maintenance of temperature/humidity for drugs
Supply management of bases and health structures:
- Supervise the delivery and receipt of goods and the quality control of drugs received.
- Inform logistics and medical services in the event of non-compliance.
- Participate in the preparation, distribution planning, transport and delivery from central stock to bases.
- Collaborate with the supply chain department to ensure the good delivery and receipt of goods and the quality control of drugs received
- Inform in advance and work with logistics department for the organization of transport of drugs to bases
- Supervises the monthly physical inventory and conduct random checkings. In case of discrepancies between physical inventory and theoretical stock, investigate and inform the Mission Pharmacist.
- Ensure a proper storage (especially conditions of temperature, humidity, light and safety), ordered (storage, classification, labelling) and secure (key access) according to the PUI Pharmacy procedures.
- Ensures that storage conditions are in line with national legislation, in particular for narcotic and psycho active drugs.
- Monitor stock management of the bases pharmacies and health facilities (in collaboration with project managers).
- Ensures the understanding and application of procedures and tools used at the base level and health facilities supported.
- Supervise the stock management of particular pharmacies (vehicles, first aid kits, etc..). Inform the Mission Pharmacist in case of irrational consumption.
- Ensure that expired or damaged items are properly put in quarantine and ensures their effective destruction.
- Ensure pharmacovigilance including the immediate report of any problem with the quality of a drug in accordance with PUI pharmaceutical management procedures.
Capacity building and training:
- Participate in the training and technical support to the Base Pharmacists and/or Pharmacy Assistants, and the staff in charge of pharmacies at PHCC and ORPs: stock management, rational use, substitution, analysis of consumption of health facilities
- Train all staff working in the pharmacy aspect on rational use of drugs and proper Pharmaceutical waste management
- Strengthen the capacity of health facilities teams, so that they can assume their duties independently and can be critical in terms of consumption
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor of Pharmacy with 2-4 years experience.
N469,000 / Month.
Application Deadline: 1st June, 2023.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online