Presco is a fully-integrated agro-industrial establishment with oil palm plantations, palm oil mill, palm kernel crushing plant and vegetable oil refining and fractionation plant. It also has an olein and stearin packaging plant and a biogas plant to treat its palm oil mill effluent. It is the first of its kind in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Eco-Guard Supervisor
- The purpose of this position is to have a skilled, dedicated and adequate support staff to supervise the eco-guard team for field implementation, recording and reporting of conservation activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the station camps of illegal entry and exit to the conservation area and report cases of security threat to Presco security department.
- Demarcation and monitoring of identified buffer zone within the plantation as per HCV management plans.
- Patrolling and inspecting conservation areas to curb illegal activities.
- Planting and maintaining tree seedlings for reforestation of the conservation area. Keeping inventory of seedlings (survival rates).
- Collecting/recording georeferenced field data (signs of animals, emergence of new species of plants and animals, piezorneter, signs of farming, hunting, fishing and logging)
- Producing basic maps and comprehensive monthly reports.
- Keeping the conservation area management plan up-to-date.
- Training the eco-guards for effective monitoring
- Sensitizing the local communities and Presco workers on conservation issues.
- Maintaining the conservation boundaries to curb fire spread during the dry season.
- Minimum of B.Sc in Forestry and Wildlife Management or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skill.
- Efficient in report writing and good knowledge of Microsoft excel.
- Knowledge and experience in GPS usage and GIS
- Experience of working in rural areas and in the field
- Experience in leading and/or supervising a team
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their detailed CV’s and Applications to: [email protected] Or The Human Resources Manager, Presco Plc, Km 22, Benin/Sapele Road, P. O. Box 7061, Benin City, Edo State.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and Interviews will be held at the Head Office at Obaretin.