PressOne Africa is an early-stage startup helping entrepreneurs retain their customers, through a centralised voice communication platform. We are on a mission to help entrepreneurs across Africa build more customer-centric businesses. With our business phone systems, entrepreneurs, no matter the size of their business, can handle customer communication like global brands. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Design Lead
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
About the role:
- We’re looking for a designer to join our team and lead all aspects of product design at PressOne Africa.
- As the sole designer on the team, you’ll get to work at all levels: everything from contributing to the product roadmap, all the way through to crafting delightful customer interactions.
- This is a great opportunity to work with a tech and business team that understands and values the design process. And as a key contributor, you’ll have a huge impact on the direction of the product, and how PressOne helps entrepreneurs improve their customer support and sales.
- This is a senior-level full-time design role at an early-stage startup. You’ll be expected to lead multiple initiatives from start to finish. You should be comfortable shaping and driving projects from a high level, as well as executing design work at an individual contributor level.
What we expect from you:
- Work closely with founders, product managers, engineers, and marketers to shape both product strategy and specific features.
- Collaborate with the team on all levels of the product development process, from early needs discovery, to roadmapping, to defining metrics, to gathering feedback from customers, and more.
- Own and drive the entire design process for new initiatives, from early design concepts, to wireframes, critique, detailed design deliverables, UI copy, production assets, and design QA.
- Iterate on how the PressOne brand is expressed visually in the product, improving the app’s visual clarity, consistency, and delight.
- Constantly review product engagement analytics, and make recommendations for redesigns based on consumer preferences.
- Work closely with engineers to ensure we are delivering high quality experiences to customers, while moving as fast as possible.
Who you are
- You have 6+ years experience designing consumer products – products targeted at individuals. (We have realised designers who have spent their career designing for the enterprise, or business customers, struggle with designing consumer experiences)
- You are enthusiastic about iterative design process, inspired by group and self critique.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- You have some experience working in an e-commerce environment.
- You have a command of visual and communication design principles
- You have an excellent on-line portfolio showcasing UX, UI and visual design work for mobile and web.
- You want to work at an early stage company, where you can have a huge impact on shaping the product and influencing the design culture.
- You want to work with a mission-driven team that is helping entrepreneurs build successful businesses.
Who we are, and What working with us is like:
- We have a launched product with customers.
- We have raised a pre-seed round from reputable investors in the ecosystem.
- We are still a fairly young company with less than 10 people. So a lot has been accomplished by a small team.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push the mission forward.
- This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day. You are expected to take full ownership of certain goals, and meet them.
- Our office is on Admiralty way, Lekki Phase 1. We run an hybrid working system, with most of us at the office twice a week.
- We have been in operation for a year. We have gotten enough data to validate the opportunity, and are entering a growth phase. It is certainly the best time to join.
What you get
- Salary: N600,000 Monthly.
- You get to work on something meaningful, something that actually gets shipped.
- You get to work with people who are great at what they do and treat you as an equal.
- Hybrid working model. Two days a week, at the office (Admiralty way, Lekki).
- We offer health insurance, gym membership, dental and those standard stuff.
- A new computer. Whichever you want.
- Competitive pay. You also get stock options.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted weekly. We will close the job opening once we find the right person.
- We look forward to meeting you.