PriceWaterHouseCoopers (PwC) – Our client serves the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Company offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant company, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
The company is seeking to fill the vacant position below with competent, vibrant individuals who will bring fresh ideas and insights:
Job Title: Head, Enterprise Innovation Hub
Ref No: HEI 005
- The Head, Enterprise Innovation Hub is responsible for overseeing the identification, research and evaluation of new services and product prospects.
- The role also ensures the availability of data and Insights for validating and articulating the company’s business strategy, competitive focus and growth plans.
- Coordinates the collection and analysis of data on trends and developments in the Nigerian economy and business environment to enable leadership make informed business decisions on investments, new services and products, operational and growth plans
- Conducts research, financial modelling & analysis, and prepares presentations to assist in the evaluation and execution of new business or investment opportunities in line with business strategies
- Conducts preliminary reviews of new products and services via feasibility studies and market assessments in line with internal requirements of the Company and external market demand, including market research and global and regional benchmark
- Improves and promotes market awareness of new products and services introduced by the Company to the market through workshops, training and forums
- Leverages financial technology so ensure the Company remains current, relevant and competitive
- Performs market, industry and competitive analysis and surveillance for management’s use as input in corporate planning
- Partners with stakeholders during strategy formulation to ensure strategic recommendations and analyses are thoroughly vetted
- Supports ad-hoc strategic or organizational development projects as necessary
- Identifies trends, communicates observations and provides recommendations-for cost and margin improvements
- Generates ideas to position trading services and products competitively and attractively in the market
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or any relevant discipline
- MSc. in relevant field or an MBA is an added advantage
- Thorough knowledge of financial/capital markets
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in Strategy and Corporate Planning, Product/Business Development and/or Business Consulting
- Innovation hub / incubator experience
- Ability to translate large amounts of data (‘big data’) into insights
Job Title: Head, State-Owned Enterprises
Ref No: HSE 004
This role will run the SOE department. It aims to increase the number of State-owned enterprises listed by building ongoing customer relationships with Federal and State governments,: targeting privatization of SOE Federal, State and Local Government levels, identifying new business opportunities for government to incubate and eventually privatize, and maintaining an extensive knowledge of Public-Private Partnership arrangements, as well as NSE’s products and service offerings.
- Drives growth of listed State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs). Working with top management to map out business development strategies and implementing plans to exceed targets
- Develops relationships with key stakeholders, public sector organisations, raising awareness of product ranges offered by the Company
- Identifies market opportunities for new products and solutions, builds a business case, and champions through the product development process in support of driving listing of SOEs
- Establishes criteria for screening new business Ideas and opportunities
- Acts as a trusted advisor and integral contributor to the planning processes of public sector clients by thoroughly understanding their respective business objectives
- Consults with customers to understand their requirements and to align services and needs accordingly
- Facilitates transactions that help secure bids for states
- Supports in the delivery of financial objectives by growing clientele base and revenue
- Maintains comprehensive product and industry knowledge
- Represents the company at marketing events, networking events, meetings with prospects or partners
- Maintains strong positive relationships with all customers and guaranties top-notch experience
- Ensures adherence and compliance with risk and regulatory requirements
- Develops a clear understanding of the competitive landscape and executes an appropriate strategy for the purpose of remaining relevant in the marketplace
- Reviews proposals to be presented to the prospective clients
- Manages the performance of employees within the business unit
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or Marketing
- Membership/certification of Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers (CIS) or equivalent is an added benefit
- MSc. in related field or MBA is an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years in Sales, Business Development. Business Consulting and/or Account management experience
- Thorough knowledge of financial/capital markets Experience with the government/public sector and managing key stakeholders
- Detailed knowledge of product development lifecycle
Job Title: Head, Regulatory Technology
Ref No: HRT 003
- The Head, Regulatory Technology will be responsible for overseeing the provision of regulatory services to the broker-dealer community and other entitles within and outside the capital market that may require some form of regulatory technology services.
- The individual is expected to leverage leading technologies in the marketplace to enhance regulatory processes.
- This role reports to the ED Regulation.
- The Company needs an industry professional with a strong personality and good people management skills. The Individual would be required to have a thorough knowledge and understanding of Capital Market laws, and potential technology solutions.
- Drives the business of regulatory technology services through the use of technology-based solutions to solve regulatory and supervisory challenges to entities such as Self-Regulatory Organizations (SRO), reporting portal services etc.
- Identifies entities and clients that require the use of regulatory technology to discharge obligations and enhance operations
- Use available data and develops data and analysis analytic capabilities to improve the quality of information and insights about regulatory responsibilities and compliance in order to develop products or services to enhance regulations
- Promotes innovation through identification of technology that will help the Company manage regulatory requirements
- Identifies risks, analyses data and generates reports that can improve regulatory performance
- Monitors regulatory and legal developments, identifies potential impact and raises awareness to ensure timely action to address issuers
- Provides leadership in identifying local and global regulatory requirements and familiar with methods deployed in other jurisdictions to engender compliance
- Manages the performance of and provides career development support to all Regulatory Technology staff.
Educations and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Law, or Computer Science or equivalent
- 7-10 years’ industry experience and at least 3-5 years in management role,
- Compliance/regulatory experience in the financial industry
- Familiarity with Fintech or Regtech. systems will be an advantage
Job Title: Head, Listing Business
Ref No: HLB 002
- The Head, Listing Business Division will be responsible for all primary listing efforts of the Company, the Branch Network, and the listing of State Owned Enterprises.
- This role reports to the CEO and is also a part of the Executive Management Team.
- The ideal candidate will be a Capital Market industry professional with an understanding of the Primary Market, experience working with Issuing Houses and strong relationship management skills.
- Owns and drives the marketing strategy to attract new companies, Corporate bonds, and other corporate financing instruments to be listed
- Retains and maintains the relationship with existing listed companies to achieve the targeted market capitalisation
- Prepares Dual-Listing agreements with regional and international exchanges
- Builds and maintains strategic partnerships with the Federal and State Governments to attract State-Owned Enterprises to be listed
- Manages overall Profit and Loss (P & L) portfolio for listing efforts across equities, corporate bonds, and related products
- Develops the required Key Performance Indicators for the Listings Business Division to ensure the delivery of the first-class service
- Develops and implements strategies for advocacy and engagement to drive listing efforts across International and Domestic Enterprises
- Manages annual and quarterly budgeting for the division and oversees the same for reporting departments (Primary Markets, Branch Network, State Owed Enterprises)
- Loads and manages team to achieve the listing target of the company Ensures that the branch network is efficiently and profitably run
ducation mid Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Law or related fields
- A Master’s degree or MBA is an added advantage
- Professional certification and/or active membership of the Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers (CIS)
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ industry experience and at least 5-7 years in senior management position
- Experience working with Issuing Houses
- Experience in sourcing bonds/ companies Experience in investment banking is highly desirable
Job Title: Head, Trading Business
Ref No: HTB 001
- The Head, Trading Business Division will be responsible for Identifying opportunities to increase order flow across all asset classes listed and making decisions to enhance trading velocity, total value traded, as well as what tradable products to offer in the market.
- This role reports to the CEO and is also a part of the Executive Management Team. The job holder will be required to have a strong Trading/Sales trading experience and be able to interact with foreign portfolio investors, domestic retail and institutional investors.
- Monitors and responds to market and economic trends to drive trading activities
- Utilizes trading metrics and statistical data to identify areas to increase profitability and improve performance
- Develops and manages strong relationships with foreign and domestic institutional portfolio investors
- Develops new products in addition to Equities, ETPs, Bonds, REITS, etc. that already exist, formulates and implements product policies and initiatives
- Manages overall Profit and Loss (P & L) portfolio for trading efforts across product lines; Market services products (market data, Xnet hosting services, etc.), and market operations income generating activities
- Articulates and provides strategic direction for the Trading business
- Maintains client relationships and continuously enhances the client experience, building rapport with customers and growing positive working relationships
- Reviews and approves market structure, online trading programs, and reviews trading systems to improve the Company’s service offering
- Ensures client enquiries about their positions, statements, issues with trading and payment platforms are attended to promptly
- Determines commercial strategy for Trade lines of business; managing product life-cycles and product positioning in the marketplace
- Drives all go-to-market activities that are necessary to achieve client adoption or retention goals, including customer onboarding, support planning, pre- and post-sales training, and marketing collateral development
- Manages overall Profit and Loss (P & L) portfolio for listing efforts for Federal Government Bonds, ETFs and Derivatives.
- Develops the required Key Performance Indicator’s for the Trading Business Division to ensure the delivery of first class service
- Develops annual and quarterly budgeting for the Business Division
- Manages the team to achieve the set goals of the trading business in line with corporate strategy
Education and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field with 13-15 years’ industry experience and as least 7 – 10 years senior management experience.
- Professional certification and active membership of the Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers (CIS) or similar certifications (such as FINRA Series and CISI)
- Extensive experience in Stock, Bond, or Derivatives Trading/Sales
- Experience In investment Banking
- Experience with electronic trading systems/platforms
- Demonstrated experience in brokerage/dealer relations/buy side relations
- Demonstrated understanding of market microstructure and drivers of order flow
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] stating the “Job Title” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 27th March, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.