PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC), our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. It is this focus which informs the services we provide and the decisions we make.
We are a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 250,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Africa we’re the largest provider of professional services with close to 400 partners and over 9,000 people in 34 countries. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate – Capital Markets and Accounting Consulting Services
Reference Number: 125-NIG00239
Job type: Permanent
The Job Profile
- A career within Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for complex financial reporting issues around deals and other transformational events.
- You will tackle clients’ needs with a solution-oriented approach that creatively addresses complex financial reporting problems for high profile transactions and you’ll have significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisers.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide IFRS technical accounting and business advice to a variety of clients.
- Perform IFRS compliance review of financial statements.
- Assist in capital market transactions such as reporting accountant engagements, IPO readiness assessments, business acquisitions accounting and advisory, group re-organisation and restructuring advisory, etc.
- Assist with creating content for IFRS newsletters.
- Preparation of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) financial statements for companies operating in different industries.
- Lead engagement teams on financial reporting projects.
- Provision of specialist support on technical IFRS areas including financial instruments, business combination, consolidation etc.
- Provision of accounting advice to various clients on impact assessment of the adoption of new IFRSs
- Act as an audit support consultant on financial reporting issues to audit teams on engagements spanning across various industries.
- Conversion of financial statements from previous GAAP to IFRS.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients.
- Supervise teams and reports directly to senior staff.
- Work and collaborate with colleagues across different lines of service on projects.
- Coach and train less experienced staff.
- A good university degree
- Good working knowledge and understanding of IFRS (minimum of 3 -5 years working experience with IFRS would be an advantage)
- ACCA/ACA qualification (or equivalent)
- Focused and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential)
- A passion for delivering exceptional client service
- Good analytical and organisational abilities
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Effective communication skills when working at all levels
- A demonstrated ability to take responsibility, work autonomously and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
- Strong team-working
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Good listening skill
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
Application Deadline: 3rd February, 2020
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online