PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Science Lead – Experience Centre
Reference Number: 112798WD
Line of Service: Internal Firm Services
Specialism: Data and Analytics Technologies
Job type: Full Time
Job Description & Summary
- A career with Experience Centre, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients change customer behaviours through the experience journey starting with a strategy, then through design, and eventually implementation. You’ll focus on bringing interactive tools in the form of mobile apps, websites, or other digital platforms to ensure our clients fully integrate customer and user experiences into their organisation.
- To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
- As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- The Experience Centre Data & Analytics Team is at the core of innovation and emerging technology development, discovery, deployment and support activity. Our team is leading the effort to digitally enable our business. Our mission is to develop disruptive & innovative technologies and products that drive the evolution of how we deliver our services now and in the future.
- The key technology domains we are currently focused on include business process automation, data curation, industrialized analytics, machine learning & AI and scalable delivery platform.
- As a Lead Data Scientist you will have had responsibility for the design and delivery of data science and machine learning projects; supporting business development; and working with customers.
- Experience of technically leading the design and delivery of data science and machine learning solutions that transform ways of working and deliver measurable benefit
- Pair with Machine Learning Engineers and Software developers, develop machine learning software product including but not limited to exploring large data sets, trying out new algorithms, feature engineering, testing and evaluating model outputs, deploying the solutions for production usage and scale-out as required for different client environment.
- Experience of taking a project from an initial concept through to deployment in a production system
- Experience of championing innovation in data science team and machine learning
- A deep technical background in machine learning and data science
- Experience of using open source machine learning algorithms
- Experience of mentoring more junior colleagues
- Evidence of modern software engineering practices, such as SCRUM/Agile, micro-services and containerisation (including Docker and Kubernetes) etc.
- Work in cross-functional agile team of highly skilled engineers, data scientists, business stakeholders to build the AI ecosystem within our client organization.
Experience & Qualification
- Have a degree within Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or Engineering or similar field and a strong will to continuously develop your skillset.
- Have a minimum of 3 years working experience in data science
- Are a hands-on person and a problem solver, you thrive in solving practical business problems with data and machine learning models
- You can understand business requirements and generate insights and you have strong communication skills, orally and in writing.
- Can independently implement algorithms and models to production with at least one programming language with support from our machine learning engineers.
- Have experience in agile environment, team collaboration, data-driven development, reliable and responsible experimentation
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
In addition, we appreciate:
- Experience in working with production-level machine learning systems
- Experience in working optimization problems and knowledge of optimization libraries and solvers
- Experience in Spark and distributed computing
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?:
Government Clearance Required?:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 15th September, 2020.