PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services. We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Experienced Manager – Capital Projects & Infrastructure (Advisory)
Reference Number: 125-NIG00161
Location: Based out of Lagos
Department: Internal Firm Services
Job Type: Permanent
Purpose of the Job
- Support the CP&I Leader to drive the competency business development and execution initiative in Nigeria
- Provide support in the development of the CP&I competency depth within the PwC Nigeria Advisory practice
- Support the establishment, deepening and expansion of PwC relationships with Boards and the C-Suite Executives for all significant players across the CP&I value chain
- Facilitate the development of Nigeria’s CP&I specific thought leadership, client surveys, events, conferences etc.
- Collaborate with the other major LOS (Consulting, Assurance and Tax) to drive the CP&I agenda
- Develop project financing and project recapitalisation financial constructs and models in support of CP&I business development and execution activity
- Support the competency leader in executing all CP&I transactions / projects
- Execute on Project financing and Recapitalization projects:
- Deal identification & origination support i.e. sourcing the transaction
- Deal preparation & structuring i.e. deal readiness assessments & enablement, financing strategy development etc.
- Deal marketing support i.e. marketing material development, engaging with potential financing partners in competitive or negotiated processes etc.
- Deal close i.e. managing due diligence, negotiations, securing funding etc.
- Structure, coordinate and execute Capital Projects and Infrastructure engagements, including but not limited to:
- Project Reviews, Viability Assessments and Studies; Expansion & Market Penetration Strategies; Asset Acquisitions & Disposals; Investment / Fund Raising; and Project Optimisations.
- Develop and keep up to date the PwC CP&I financing / capital raise thesis:
- Landscape / value chain – funding lifecycle, notable players including funders and users (key projects and corporates), dynamics, evolution etc.
- PwC CP&I “unique point of view” on project financing in Nigeria / West Africa – trends, dynamics, opportunities, challenges etc.
- Identify the potential PwC client universe within the value chain (mid to large cap player and relationship dimensions)
- Prioritize focus sub-sectors/targets and derive PwC CP&I’s very detailed “go-tomarket strategy” (in conjunction with other relevant leaders)
- Determine PwC investment requirements to enhance our financing / fund raise presence
- Other relevant components of the thesis
- Develop and maintain very deep understanding of PwC lines of service, “local” Advisory competency offerings, PwC Africa Advisory capabilities/specializations and PwC Global
- Advisory capabilities within the context of the financing / capital raise complex
- Specific focus on Capital Projects & Infrastructure and the broader Deals Advisory Services context
- Support Competency Lead in driving business development efforts including identifying opportunities, developing relationships, scoping prospective engagements and leading proposal development:
- Articulate priority client relationship building strategy
- Drive the development of x-LOS and x-geography teams per client
- Support managing client relationships through positive and proactive engagement
- As a trusted advisor, demonstrate a deep understanding of client business challenges and support mobilization of necessary cross-competency and crossgeography teams to resolve them
- Support “big game hunting” specialist origination efforts where necessary
- Manage client engagement delivery through proactive engagement, innovative approaches, issues resolution and quality delivery
- Identify and communicate engagement findings to client management
- Consistently seek client feedback during and outside the engagement delivery cycle
- Develop and deliver “distinctive PwC value / perspective” on project financing / capital raise in Nigeria & West Africa:
- Cutting edge Thought Leadership; Client surveys; News articles / Press (print); and Media coverage & interviews.
- Support the creation of “PwC Capital Projects & infrastructure Brand” and its #1 positioning in the market:
- Client Conferences & Events; Internal and External Social Media; Brochures; Websites etc.
- Effectively lead people development efforts and manage the junior members of the CPI team to provide exceptional service:
- Develop project finance / capital raise specific training modules and lead the deployment (training sessions)
- Act as role model by engaging staff through mentoring / coaching and counselling
- Support leadership in building and maintaining a pipeline of competent staff in the Deals practice
- Ensure teams follow risk management policies and standards on engagement delivery in accordance with standards:
- Manage and report on engagement economics & metrics
- Build good x-LOS, x-competency and x-geography relationships, and support key internal roles by aiding them to meet the firm’s objectives.
Job Specific Requirements: (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
Education (minimum level of academic and professional qualification and accreditation required to performer effectively in the role):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering or related field
- Master’s Degree in Business or Finance related field is a plus.
Job Experience (Minimum level of personal and professional experience required to perform effectively in the role):
- Minimum of 6 years of investment banking / deal advisory / infrastructure experience with a focus on project finance
- Track record of advising on successful project financing transactions
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relations with key industry contacts
- Must have significant emerging markets experience preference will be given to candidates with existing experience in Nigeria / West Africa
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading projects and diverse teams.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Relevant experience in a managerial role in a large, global or fast-growing client service organization
- Practical industry experience combined with experience in consulting / investment banking is a significant plus
Job Knowledge Requirements (Minimum level of practices, standards, processes, legislation etc):
- Project financing / capital raise structuring and execution
- Business Development in the CP&I space.
Job Related Skills and Competencies (Minimum level of skills i.e. computer literacy, technical skills, and Technical Competencies required to do the job):
- Excellent business development skills – Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Exceptional presentation, communication and facilitation skills
- Lead and supervise teams and team activities
- Decide and initiate action to achieve key business results within area of responsibility
- Excellent relationship and networking skills proven track record of dealing with senior client contacts
- Project management skills ability to manage across multiple and complex projects
- Application of technical expertise
- Adaptable to working and engaging with multiple cultures across client environment.
- Strong negotiation skills – persuading and influencing
- Strong creativity and innovation abilities
- Exceptional client service – delivering results and exceeding client expectations
- Adaptability to respond to change
Application Deadline 29th March, 2018.