Pro-Health International is a faith-based, non-profit organization that has provided free healthcare services to under-served populations in Nigeria for over 31 years. CDC and USAID have funded PHI to implement HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care projects, OVC projects, and Global Health security projects.
The ICHSSA-4 project is a 5-year USAID-funded award that commenced in December 2019 and will run up until December 2024. The project is being implemented by a consortium of partners, with Pro-Health International (PHI) as the lead partner and Catholic Relief Services (CRS) as the sub in Adamawa, Bauchi, Taraba, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara states. The ICHSSA-4 project aims to ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for and protected by their households, communities, local and state governments to reduce their vulnerability to HIV. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HIV Integrated Care and Support Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- S/he is to provide technical guidance to PHI/ICHSSA 4 partner CSOs in the implementation of technical program activities for community-based HIV Care and Support in the ICHSSA 4 Program.
- Under the direction of theproject Care and Support Advisor, s/he will collaborate closely with the ICHSSA team to roll out and implement an integrated and holistic community-based response to HIV/AIDs towards scaling up access to HIV prevention and care services for vulnerable children and their caregivers
- Provide technical input for the development of strategies, design, and implementation of HIV Prevention/ Care & Support activities by ICHSSA 4 project; ensure activities improve access to HIV prevention and care services amongst project beneficiaries and their caregivers.
- Direct CSOs towards overall technical quality – including adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines for all HIV Prevention Care & Support activities of the project.
- Support strategies towards ensuring that project activities are built on strong behavior change principles, and build the capacity of CSOs and relevant GON staff in effective implementation and monitoring.
- Work closely with the SMOH, SMWASD, SACA and HIV TWGs in Zamfara state in identifying and capitalizing on leverage points for improved linkages and referral coordination at the community level and for integration of HIV Prevention Care & Support elements into other OVC areas project activities and vice versa
Qualifications and Skills
- MBBS, Master of Science and/or MPH with a minimum of 3years relevant experience in implementing HIV Prevention, Care and Support programs or BS/MA in a relevant health degree or Social Sciences, plus a minimum of 3 years technical experience with community-level HIV prevention, Care & Support programs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles. ·
- Experience in supporting HIV Testing and Counselling programs in health facilities, mobile units and community outreaches
- Good knowledge of Government of Nigeria HIV Care and Treatment guidelines (Pediatric & Adult) and experience working with Ministry of Health and other relevant entities
- Familiarity with PEPFAR-OVCprogramming and principles
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills; skilled in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter along with their Resume / CV as one Document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
9th November, 2022.
- Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Pro-Health International is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.