Posted on :
21 Jul, 2009
21 Jul, 2009
Standard Chartered Bank is leading the way in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. This unique global focus enables our people to make a difference in the world’s most exciting emerging markets.
Standard Chartered Bank is now recruiting for a Product Sales Manager.
* To manage, develop and grow an assigned portfolio of Cash Management clients
* To implement the sales plans to ensure that revenue targets are achieved
* To plan, co-ordinate and monitor growth of sales on all transaction banking products
Key Roles & Responsibilities
* To understand customers’ businesses and to anticipate their requirements through consultative selling using the SPIN model.
* To match customers’ needs with product capabilities through presentation of tailored proposals.
* To negotiate terms and conditions with customers to maximise revenue and profitability.
* Through close working integration with the Solution Delivery team, ensure that the solution is implemented in the agreed time-frames and to the highest levels of client satisfaction.
* To proactively manage new and existing names within the assigned transactional banking portfolio. sure the Bank’s share of wallet within the portfolio is grown maintained in line with the Bank’s account plan for the customer. To maintain a revenue pipeline featuring Incremental revenue and run off in addition to the Business as usual revenue from the portfolio as part of effectively managing this process.
* To provide feedback and assistance to all areas within transaction banking such that the voice of customer is incorporated into ongoing plans and initiatives. To keep the transaction banking team informed of customer needs, trends and market intelligence to ensure keep abreast of market development and factors which impact on competitiveness of the products
* To provide assistance to relationship managers in maintaining ongoing close contact with clients. On a product partnership basis, ensure targeted realisation rates are met to generate new revenue opportunities, and to gain feedback on the product. To conduct joint calling with Relationship Managers to provide technical product expertise.
* To identify opportunities for cross-selling and referral to other SCB lines through developing and maintaining a close understanding of customers’ businesses.
* To participate in various client functions, conduct client surveys and conduct Focus groups to ensure product and market intelligence feedback is solicited, and used in a way which enhances SCB¿s competitive positive.
* Assist the Head of Cash Management Sales in the development and implementation of dynamic sales plans in line with overall product strategy plans
* To participate in various client functions, conduct client surveys and conduct Focus groups to ensure product and market intelligence feedback is solicited, and used in a way which enhances SCB’s competitive positive.
* To assist in scoping the market for cross border deals and work as the lead in co-ordinating them on materialisation
Qualifications & Skills
* University Degree (2:2 minimum) with at several years of sales/sales management experience
* Expert knowledge of Trade & Supply Chain products available globally, their features, applications and potential improvements and to combine these with the ability to translate these into the local market
* In-depth knowledge of the local market, customers and competitors
* Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization both internally & externally
* Ability to keep abreast on changes in the market, customer requirements, competitors responses and the banks ability to use information to identify new business opportunities
* Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and organisational skills
* Comprehensive knowledge of banking operations/SWIFT etc.
* Leadership, management, organizational, and people management skills
To apply visit the link below, and select location as ‘Nigeria’.