Nigerian Bottling Company Plc is one of the few multinational organizations that had its beginnings in Nigeria. From a small family owned operation at inception, we have grown to become the predominant bottler of alcohol-free beverages in Nigeria, responsible for the manufacture and sale of over 33 different Coca-Cola brands.
Nigerian Bottling Company Plc (a Coca-Cola Hellenic Company) is the authorized bottler of Coca- Cola products and the leading producer of Alcohol-Free beverages in Nigeria with a workforce of over 5,000 people.
Job Title: Production Manager
Function Name: Manufacturing
Role: Plant Production Manager
Functional Area: Plant Operations
- Deploy production equipment at the optimum required standard of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure consistent delivery of quality products to meet customer and consumer demands.
- Develop manufacturing processes and controls to ensure quality products are consistently delivered to meet company plans and objectives.
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the most effective return on assets.
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports company’s strategic initiatives.
- Encourage use of new techniques and focus on fact based problem solving.
- Manage spending against budget, controlling spending in relation to changes in production volume.
- Improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes.
- Supervise and motivate team.
- B. Sc./HND in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Production Technology.
- Minimum of 8years experience, 5 of which must be at managerial level in an FMCG environment.
- A strong knowledge of Plant Manufacturing operations.
Desired Candidate Profile
- FMCG dynamics
- Interpersonal relations
- Leadership/supervisory skills
- Numeracy and analytical skills
- Cost Control
- Creativity and Innovation
- Oral & Written Communications
- Team player
- Influencing and persuasion
- High energy level required
- Strong leadership skills,
- independent thinking strong organizational and planning abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Application Closing Date is 29th December, 2011