Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CR5 programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CR5 operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
Catholic Relief Services is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator – The Faith based Organization Capacity Strengthening for Universal HIV Services Project (FOCUS)
- The FOCUS Nigeria Project Manager will be responsible for overall leadership and project management in Nigeria, including oversight of project activities, monitoring of time lines and outputs, ensuring adherence to technical and financial policies and standards of excellence, control and monitoring of project activities and expenses, compliance with donor requirements, reporting and representation.
- This position will oversee the initial technical, program, and operational set-up of FOCUS’s presence in Nigeria. Subsequently, the position in collaboration with FOCUS PD, CRS Nigeria Country Representative and team will provide technical leadership in the design, development, implementation, and monitoring of the deliverables and outcomes of the project.
- S/he will ensure project resources are managed according to USG and CRS rules and regulations, and that processes and results are documented in a timely manner.
- This position will support the daily management and coordination of project staff and consultants, as well as oversee communication and collaboration with CDC Nigeria and Government of Nigeria entities, FBOs, short-term technical assistance providers, PEPFAR USG HIV Implementing Partners, to ensure successful implementation of the FOCUS Nigeria project.
- The position, in collaboration with FOCUS PD, CRS Nigeria Country Representative and team, will provide technical leadership in the design, development, implementation, and monitoring of the deliverables and outcomes of the project.
- Ensure that the project execution is in line with the project’s vision and that project plans are effectively implemented and aligned with CRS agency and country program policies and procedures.
- Ensure key changes in project direction and focus are done in consultation with the FOCUS PD, HOP and CDC Nigeria.
- In collaboration with the FOCUS PD, identify technical assistance needs for CRS and partners and take the lead in developing of scopes of work (SoW) for technical assistance from CRS HQ or consultants, as appropriate.
- Maintain up to date documentation related to project approval, monitoring and implementation.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in their sector area (collaborates with regional/HQ technical advisors, learns new PQ tools, networks with outside technical experts, etc.).
- When feasible, identify opportunities for linkages with other projects and organizations to support FOCUS Nigeria project objectives.
- Ensure project objectives and results are fully accomplished and meet expected technical quality standards.
- Lead the planning of project activities and set appropriate performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, reporting time lines and donor guidelines.
- Use appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track progress on project implementation as well as on the utilization of project resources; use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Foster positive collaboration with CRS Nigeria and CDC Nigeria.
- Forge and manage complex partnerships with government, FBOs, USG IPs, civil society, learning institutions, and the donor community in Nigeria and externally as need arises.
- Oversee the identification of capacity strengthening needs and provision of high quality technical assistance to FBO networks and facilities and select Government of Nigeria entities related to HTC and CT&S.
- Engage partners at all stages of the project cycle for their insights on the appropriateness of program approaches and interventions.
- In conjunction with the finance and administration teams, develop, implement and monitor capacity building plans to address any capacity gaps for local partners.
- Develop appropriate scopes of work, associated budgets, and sub agreements for local technical partners.
- Work closely with local partners to ensure timely and quality advance tracking and liquidation as per CRS guidelines.
Management and Administration:
- Prepare annual project budget and manage project budgets, including tracking of financial and material resources.
- Ensure staff compliance with all CRS administrative and operational procedures and policies, as well as applicable donor regulations.
- Request approval in a timely manner for project expenditures, budget adjustments, and cost modification from the Head of Programs and/or FOCUS Project Director.
- Ensure that project activities comply with CRS financial guidelines, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Coordinate with operations staff for purchasing and inventory control as per CRS/donor requirements.
- Support local technical partners in the development and management of budgets in line with their scope of work.
- Ensure the financial management of the project, as per the project budget, including the completion of budget templates and forecasts, reviewing and analysis of monthly budget comparison reports and timely submission of financial reports and annual expenditure analysis reports in PROMIS.
- Review project expenses and cash pipeline, and coordinate liquidations with CRS finance and partners.
Representation and Advocacy:
- In collaboration with the Nigeria Country Representative, Head of Programs and FOCUS PD act as primary project contact to the CDC Nigeria and other local stakeholders responsible for addressing all project matters.
- In collaboration with the Country Representative, Head of Programs and FOCUS Project Director, strengthen linkages with existing and potential partner agencies including faith based organizations.
- Ensure that the project communication strategies, including compliance with donor’s branding and marking requirements as well as CRS marketing and communication procedures are followed.
- Undertake representation, advocacy and influencing work in country and externally based as need arises.
Monitoring, Accountability, Evaluation and Learning:
- In coordination with the FOCUS PD and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team, develop and implement strong MEAL systems, using CRS tools and resources to maximize project impact on project participants
- Use collaborative and structured evaluation processes to review data, reach agreement about findings, and apply learning and recommendations.
- Prepare short success stories and briefs on innovation/best practices and project learning (including failures).
- Ensure that all project documentation is well organized and easy to access on Gateway
- Ensure the project has a strong learning agenda, and champion learning with project staff and partner teams.
- Prepare and submit required donor project narrative reports, quarterly performance data, as well as other reports needed/required by the local government, donors, the region or headquarters.
Human Resource Management:
- Lead, manage and supervise staff and consultants to meet project objectives.
- Mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork.
- Ensure Performance and Development Planning, coaching and appraisals of staff performance are conducted in keeping with CRS’ performance management system
- With senior management, FOCUS Project Director and Human Resources, identify project staffing needs and contribute to job descriptions and hiring staff and consultants.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills as well as good judgment and vision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated proactive leadership ability, as well as supervisory and personnel management experience.
- Diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in diverse environments and under pressure.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, International Development, or a related field.
- 7 years + of experience in HIV care, treatment and support programs and/or health systems strengthening strongly preferred.
- Excellent administrative, planning, budgeting and financial management skills, including the ability to prepare and analyze work plans and budgets.
- Experience with institutional strengthening, capacity building and working in partnership or consortia.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations.
- Experience managing PEPFAR projects in Africa and preferably Nigeria.
- Excellent project management skills with the demonstrated ability to successfully supervise, manage and coordinate staff and consultants to meet and report on project objectives in a timely manner.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria on a regular basis.
- Willingness to travel outside of Nigeria to attend conferences, workshops or other related activities, when needed.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the CRS Application Form via the APPLY button below, fill and send with a detailed 3 pages resume both in a single file document to: [email protected]
Note: Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 29th June, 2016.