Project Cycle is a multi-discipline consulting and project management firm made up of a team of young, talented and dynamic professionals with various expertise and experience. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Cost estimation: The quantity surveyor is responsible for estimating the cost of the project. This includes analyzing the specifications, drawings, and other project documents to determine the required materials, labor, and equipment.
- Document Preparation: Tender and Bill of Quantities
- Budget management: The quantity surveyor is responsible for managing the budget for the project. They must monitor the costs and ensure that they remain within the approved budget. They also must identify and report on any cost overruns and work with the project team to find solutions to keep costs under control.
- Procurement: The quantity surveyor is involved in the procurement of materials and services for the project. They must ensure that materials and services are procured at the best possible price, while still meeting the quality standards required for the project.
- Risk management: The quantity surveyor is responsible for identifying and managing project risks that could impact the cost or schedule of the project. They must work with the project team to develop strategies to mitigate these risks.
- Site visits: Assessments and projections for future work;
- Contract management: The quantity surveyor is responsible for reviewing and negotiating contracts for the project. They must ensure that the contracts are fair and reasonable and that they protect the interests of the project team.
- Cost control: The quantity surveyor is responsible for controlling the costs of the project. They must monitor the project budget and identify any areas where costs can be reduced without compromising quality.
- Reporting: The quantity surveyor is responsible for preparing regular reports and evaluations on the project’s progress and cost status. They must communicate with the project team and to ensure that they are informed of any issues or changes that may impact the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Quantity Surveyor on construction projects
- Professional accreditation from a recognized institution such as NIQS
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Familiarity with construction software such as BIM and quantity surveying software
- Familiar with AutoCAD
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and best practices in the construction industry.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.